Question about Whirlpool Washing Machines
Whirlpool WTW58ESVW not washing
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
i havnt seen any flashes on this id look closley at what your putting in the washer as there is nothing in the unit its self as far as mfg that will cause this also try this
1. Open the washer door and remove any clothing or items from the washer.
2. Inspect the gray colored seal/bellow between the door opening and the basket
for stained areas. Pull back the seal/bellow to inspect areas under the seal/bellow.
3. If stained areas are found, wipe down these areas of the bellows using the following
a) Mix a dilute solution of liquid chlorine bleach and water (3/4-cup bleach in
1 gallon of warm tap water).
b) Wipe the seal/bellow area with the dilute solution.
c) Let stand 5 minutes.
d) Wipe down area thoroughly with a dry cloth and let the washer interior air dry.
e) Please note:
- Do not use bleach at full strength for cleaning surfaces.
- The use of rubber gloves is recommended when cleaning for prolonged
4. To begin the clean out cycle, do the following:
a) Open the washer door and remove any clothing or items from the washer.
b) Be sure door is closed.
c) Open the dispenser drawer and remove the detergent divider from the main
wash detergent compartment. See the Use and Care Guide for instructions.
No additives will be added at this time. You will be required to add them at a
- For Whirlpool Duet, select the “Power” button.
- For Kenmore Elite HE products, move to the next step.
d) Select the “Normal” wash cycle.
e) Select the hottest wash water temperature available, (not all temperatures will
f) Select the highest spin speed available.
g) Select the additional or 2nd Rinse option (if available).
h) Press and hold the “Start” key for 2 seconds. The door will lock and filling will
begin. NOTE: The water will dispense for a moment, then the door will unlock
and re-lock and the cycle will continue.
i) Once the filling has begun again, open the dispenser drawer and immediately
add 1 cup liquid chlorine bleach to the main wash detergent compartment.
The liquid chlorine bleach should immediately flow through the dispenser.
NOTE: Do not add any detergent to this clean out cycle. Use of more than 1 cup of
bleach per month will cause product damage over time. Addition of bleach without immediately
starting the will cause damage to the product over time
5. Once the clean out cycle has begun, allow the cycle to completely run.
6. After the clean out cycle is complete, leave the door slightly open/cracked to allow
for better ventilation and prevention of future odor issues.
7. If you removed the detergent compartment divider, be sure to replace the divider
to the correct position.
NOTE: If necessary, the clean out cycle may be interrupted by pressing the “Pause/
Cancel” button. This will stop the cycle. A “Rinse and Spin” cycle must then be run to
thoroughly rinse the remaining bleach from the unit. Failure to do so will cause damage
to the unit and clothing added to the next cycle.
In addition to the clean out procedure, always do the following to prevent future odor
1. Use only High Efficiency (HE) detergent.
2. Leave the door slightly open after each cycle to allow for better ventilation and
drying of washer interior.
3. Repeat this clean out procedure only on a monthly basis, if necessary.
Posted on Mar 02, 2008
Hi from retired Englishman in SW France,
Think you need a manual ;-0)
You will need to type into your search engine/web browser '(make) washer manual' and you should be presented with a number of sources from which you can either download for free or have to pay a nominal amount. During the process you will be asked for the actual model number!
Posted on Mar 14, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 09, 2014 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Mar 09, 2010 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9549L Top...
Aug 11, 2009 | Washing Machines
Jul 11, 2009 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Feb 27, 2009 | Whirlpool LSQ8000 Top Load Washer
18 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!