- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Not an unusual problem with any electric fireplace heater. I suspect the overheat circuit has shut the heating element down. Or the element has burned up (that's not unusual either).
In any event, turn the fireplace OFF and unplug it. Wait 30 minutes before plugging it back in. During that time, the overheat circuit may reset itself. If that fails to solve the problem call The Technical Service Dept of Dimplex USA at 888-346-7539, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST. If it ends up needing parts, you can order them at that time.
Have the Model # and Serial # of the fireplace, handy. As you will need to provide that information to them, as well as the date of purchase.
This is a constant problem for ALL electric fireplaces with heaters. Either the Owners Manual fails to the manufacturer not telling you that the heating elements need routine cleaning, because they are sucking in household air to heat it and send it back out, So whatever is float in your household air (dust, lint & pet hair) near the floor goes into it, clogs it up and causes the heating element to overheat and fail. Or customers who have purchased these units don't read the Owners Manual.
These units, no matter who the manufacturer is were not designed to heat for long periods of time. In fact the heater element doesn't produce much more heat that a blow drier on high heat.
The heater and the blower and are in the lower compartment of the firebox. If you can access it, you can clean it with a shop vac and a brush attachment on the end of the hose. Be sure to unplug the fireplace from the wall outlet before attempting this. If cleaning it doesn't help, the blower motor will have to be replaced. You can order one from Dimplex USA.
More than likely it's the Thermal overload circuit or the heating element has given up the ghost.
As I just told one other questioner. These types of electric fireplace heaters were not designed to run for long periods of time. Their heat output is not much more than a blow drier. However, this is not just a problem with CharmGlo, it's with all the manufacturers.
Here's the problem ... The heaters work by taking in cool air, heating it and sending it back out via the blower. Over time, the heating element and/or blower become clogged with dust, lint and/or pet hair. This makes the heating element work harder and it over heats. Either burning out the heating element or the thermal overload switch or both.
You can try cleaning the heating element with a vacuum that has a hose and a brush attachment. While you're at it clean the blower fins and motor. Consult your Owners Manual to see how to access these parts, as they are under firebox, behind the metal grill on the bottom of the firebox, so to speak.
mine just did the exact thing. I took it apart and blew it out with an air chuck and it works like new again. a couple of weeks ago i used a vaccum and it work a couple of days and then did it again. The squirrel cage and heat elements were filled with dust. It was not easy taking apart but now i know to only take the bottom off. thanks
It would seem to me that the Thermal fuse has "Blown" this is an internal protection device that operate from heat... they often fail spontaneously, when this happens oftem all else works but no heat.
You will have to take it to a reputable repair shop/man and get a firm "Quote" for repair.
I have a cheap electric fireplace bought in SuperCentre store-heater no longer works. It says its a one piece system. Can these heaters be replaced or repaired(probably made in China) or am i better off scrapping it and buying a new one?