Question about Brother DCP 165C Compact Color Inkjet Multifunction Printer
Clean unble 46 see troubleshooting and routine maintenance chapter in user's guide.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Unable to clean
you need a new waist ink absorber box and have to do a reset. The absorber box can be purgchased from a service partner (see brother homepage of your country). Same procedure:
Posted on Mar 08, 2008
Error 46 on Brother printers
The printer must be reset: If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response Thanks, Joe
1) Enter machine maintenance mode (on MFC210C all four photo/copy/fax/scan lights flash in maintenance mode). Care is needed in maintenance mode, otherwise critical settings may be inadvertently corrupted.
FAX models with numerical keypads: Press the Menu/Set, *, 2, 8, 6 and 4 keys within two seconds. (if you fail to complete the correct key sequence within two seconds, press the Stop key to try again).
Other (non-FAX) models: Press the Menu/Set and Black Start keys. Next press the "up arrow" key four times to enter the maintenance mode).
2) Press the 8 then 0 keys in the initial stage of the maintenance mode to call up the machine's log information list (function code 80).
3) Press the Black Start key several times to scroll through the log information list to reach the purge counter. The purge counter is the 25th item in the list.
4) Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero.
5) Press the Stop/Exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
6) Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response
Posted on Feb 12, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 22, 2014 | Brother DCP 165C Compact Color Inkjet...
Feb 23, 2013 | Brother Multi-Function Center MFC-3360c...
Jul 15, 2012 | Brother DCP 165C Compact Color Inkjet...
Dec 18, 2010 | Brother DCP 165C Compact Color Inkjet...
Dec 01, 2010 | Brother DCP 165C Compact Color Inkjet...
Aug 05, 2010 | Brother DCP 130C All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 16, 2010 | Brother DCP 165C Compact Color Inkjet...
May 12, 2010 | Brother DCP 165C Compact Color Inkjet...
Mar 20, 2010 | Brother DCP 165C Compact Color Inkjet...
Dec 31, 2009 | Brother DCP 165C Compact Color Inkjet...
48 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: