Question about Computers & Internet
I have stripped the laptop of all components and still there is nothing. Does this mean i need a new motherboard
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Remove all connectors, media and devices (cables, USB devices, floppies, CDs etc)
1. Press AND hold the power button for 10 seconds. Light should go out.
2. Remove battery.
3. Plug in PSU (the AC power supply unit)
4. Press power button.
5. If the laptop starts, go all the way to desktop and run the laptop for 20 minutes or so.
6. Shut down and remove PSU.
7. Re-attach PSU and then insert battery.
8. start laptop. If it starts, go all the way to desktop and use laptop for an hour or so, to monitor the battery state, see if it is charging. If it is, go to step 9. If not, test PSU and battery, to see which needs replacement.
9. Otherwise open START MENU/SETTINGS/CONTROL PANEL/POWER SETTINGS.
10. Uncheck HIBERNATION in the tab that applies.
11. Set all spin down, sleep/suspend and monitor settings to "never".
12. Apply/OK and Close Power CP
13. Now leave laptop on, let the laptop sit, idle (or use it) for at least 3 hours.
14. Shut down and remove PSU, then restart.
15. If the laptop will not start, or did not show a full charge before shutting down, replace the battery.
16. Go back and set spin down/suspend and monitor power settings to DEFAULT, but do not use hibernation any more on a 3 year old laptop!
Posted on Feb 10, 2008
How can you say it's dead? If you are certain that it needs to be replaced, you can call dell to check the warranty. If you still have warranty, they can take care of the replacement. Otherwise, you can send it to their out of warranty depot, (at your own expense) by calling 8002884410. Or you can purchase the motherboard from their spare parts sales dept at 8773723355. If you choose to buy the motherboard from the sales dept, you must find a local technician who can install it afterwards.
Posted on Jan 02, 2009
the half moon indicate an sleep mode when you open your laptop the sleep mode is already activated thats why it goes to shutdown reason is your sleep mode key is grounded try to consult it to your your dealer
Posted on Sep 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 30, 2015 | MSI Computers & Internet
Feb 26, 2014 | MSI ms-6566e-020 845e Motherboard
Jun 30, 2011 | MSI Computers & Internet
Jun 21, 2011 | MSI A6200-059US Laptop
Apr 11, 2011 | MSI Wind UmNotebook
Jan 09, 2011 | Apple iPod classic 6th Generation Digital...
Jun 02, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite M100 Notebook
Sep 17, 2009 | MSI VR601 Notebook
Sep 15, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders
May 30, 2009 | Acer Computers & Internet
666 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: