I inherited a new router from my daughter. it has no cd or power supply. The P/S I can get a universal rom radio Shack that provides 12VDC @ .5amps. Anyone have a setup disk you do not need? Or other suggestions for setting it up?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: WR850G router need setup CD
Your manual will be here: http://broadband.motorola.com/consumers/products/WR850gp/downloads/wr850gp_userguide_6.1.4.pdf
Your drivers are here:
You can also access other files from here:
Just install the software in your computer, plug in the modem to the router, and then plug your computer into the router. That's it.
Let us know how this helps you, and if you need any additional help.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To access a router on which you forgotten everything, do the following...
1. apply power to the router and connect an ethernet cable from PC to one of the router's LAN ports
2. press the router's reset button (usually located beside its power supply jack) for at least 5 seconds
3. (pressing reset for 5 seconds resets the router to its factory defaults)
4. with factory defaults, you can now use the Setup Wizard on the router's Setup CD-ROM
5. if no Setup CD or to configure advanced settings see router manual about web-based utility
6. open Internet Explorer and enter the router's default IP address (see router manual for address)
7. IE presents a login window for entry of router userid and password (see manual for defaults)
8. once into the router's Basic Setup screen, follow the steps in the router's manual to do the setup.
9. if your ISP requires a registered MAC address, enter it on the clone MAC address screen
10. for better wireless security, change router SSID from its default and enable WEP or WPA
If Belkin Setup
does not run when you insert the CD-ROM, your computer may not be configured to
open CDs automatically.
If Belkin Setup
does not appear within 15 seconds, browse to your CD-ROM drive and open the
"Belkin Setup" icon.
may visit HYPERLINK "http://router/"
or "192.168.2.1" and perform the
setup manually.Belkin Setup cannot
find my Router.
If Belkin Setup is not able to communicate with your router
during the installation process, please check the following items.
Make sure that the
wireless hardware on your computer is turned on, if available.
Try connecting your
computer to one of the four "wired" ports on the Router with an Ethernet
Ensure that the
Router is on. The front panel LED should be lit.
Unplug the Router's
power supply for 10 seconds, then plug it back in. There may be firewall
software on your computer preventing an outgoing connection. You may choose to
temporarily disable this software before attempting setup.
once you login to router page by 192.168.2.1 under wireless click channel & ssid ->change a diffent name in ssid under wireless click- >security ->use 64 bit wep and disablw wifi protected set uo would work fine
hi there! this product is already End of Life product. I check with the website for dlink and there is no available cd for this product. but if u want to setup your router, you can use the router setup page by typing at the url of your browser, 192.168.0.1 and it will ask the username and password, by default the username is admin and the password, just leave it blank, then it will show the setup page of the router, no need a cd to setup ur router.. i hope this info will help u..
this is a CD/DVD rom drive and is worth next to nothing second hand! on ebay you may get a few quid. it is a drive used to read DVD disks and CD disks. you can but CD/DVD writers brand new for less than £15 which are allot better than yours.
This unit takes a 12V 0.5A DC power supply. Your local Radio Shack sells this type of supply that will plug into the wall. You'll need to make sure that the other end will plug into the turntable, but for the supply, Radio Shack is probably the quickest way.