Question about Arris Wireless G Broadband Router (wr850g)
I inherited a new router from my daughter. it has no cd or power supply. The P/S I can get a universal rom radio Shack that provides 12VDC @ .5amps. Anyone have a setup disk you do not need? Or other suggestions for setting it up? Earni3
Hello Earni3, Your manual will be here: http://broadband.motorola.com/consumers/products/WR850gp/downloads/wr850gp_userguide_6.1.4.pdf Your drivers are here: http://broadband.motorola.com/consumers/products/WR850gp/downloads/Motorola_WR850_6.1.4.EXE You can also access other files from here: http://broadband.motorola.com/consumers/support/default.asp?supportSection=HomeNetworking Just install the software in your computer, plug in the modem to the router, and then plug your computer into the router. That's it. Let us know how this helps you, and if you need any additional help. Best regards, nightdiver
Posted on Aug 12, 2006
You ******* ****
Posted on Sep 28, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 10, 2013 | Arris Wireless G Broadband Router (wr850g)
1. Shut down any programs that are running on your computer at
2. Make sure you have the following items at the computer that is now
directly connected to the cable or DSL modem. DO NOT CONNECT THE
ROUTER AT THIS TIME.
• The Easy Install Wizard CD-ROM
• The Router
• The Router power supply
• Category 5 networking cable
• This Quick Installation Guide
3. Turn off any firewall or Internet connection sharing software on
4. Insert the Easy Install Wizard software CD into your CD-ROM drive.
The Easy Install Wizard screen will automatically appear on your
screen within 15 seconds. If it does not, select your CD-ROM drive
from "My Computer" and double-click on the file named "Setup" on
5. Turn on your cable or DSL modem by reconnecting the power supply to The Wizard will take you through the completion of the process.
6. Before plugging the power cord into the Router, plug the cord into the
wall, then plug the cord into the Router's power jack.
7. Verify that your modem is connected to the Router by checking the
lights on the front of the Router. The green light labeled "WAN" should
be ON if your modem is connected correctly to the Router. If it is not,
recheck your connections.
8. Verify that your computer is connected properly to the Router by
checking the lights labeled "LAN 1,2,3,4". The light which corresponds
to the numbered port that you connected your computer to should
to the numbered port that you connected your computer to should be
ON if your computer is connected properly.
The Wizard will take you through the completion of the process.
Mar 12, 2011 | Gateway Belkin 54g Wireless DSL/Cable...
Aug 11, 2010 | Belkin (F5D5231-4) Router
Jun 27, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-N WRT150N Router
Apr 20, 2010 | D-Link DIR-855 Wireless Router
Jan 03, 2010 | Arris WR850G Router (DHWR850G)
Dec 07, 2009 | Arris Wireless G Broadband Router (wr850g)
Nov 13, 2009 | Zyxel Prestige 600WH Wireless Router...
Aug 14, 2009 | Arris Wireless G Broadband Router (wr850g)
Aug 10, 2009 | D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G DI-624 Wireless...
1,758 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: