I cannot figure out how to program my scanner to the fire frequency.
To program any known frequency into your BC72XLT, power the scanner ON, and then:
1. Press Hold. Then enter the channel number where you want to store a frequency, then press Func and Pgm. The channel number appears.
2. Use the number keys and to enter the frequency (including the decimal point) you want to store.
3. Press E to store the frequency into the channel.
• If you entered an invalid frequency in Step 2, Error appears and the scanner beeps three times. Enter a valid frequency.
• The scanner automatically rounds the entered number to the nearest valid frequency. For example, if you enter 151.473 (MHz), your scanner accepts it as 151.475.
• When you enter a frequency into a channel, the scanner automatically turns on the delay function and DLY appears. When delay is turned on, the scanner automatically pauses scanning 2 seconds after the end of a transmission before scanning proceeds to the next channel. To turn the function off or on, press Func + Dly.
• If you enter a frequency that has already been entered elsewhere, the scanner sounds an error tone and displays the channel that was duplicated. If you entered the frequency by mistake, press then enter the correct frequency. To enter the frequency anyway, press E to
4. To program the next channel in sequence, press E then repeat Steps 2 and 3.
Need the full manual for your scanner? You can download/print it here:
For a comprehensive database of active frequencies in your area, and a lot of other useful scanning info, visit:
Jan 16, 2010 |
Uniden BC72XLT Handheld Scanner