Question about Computers & Internet
My m465e freezes at the start up screen. I have replaced the RAM, CMOS, and CPU. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Hi i can suggest you to run a dell diagnostic and check for any error....how to run dell diag : restart the PC remove any external devices from the PC except keyoard and mouse... and keep tapping f12 key...When the boot menu appears, highlight the boot partition option, or the diagnostic option and then press <Enter> to start the 32 bit dell diag....Press the <Tab> key to highlight test system Press <Enter> to continue to 32-bit Diagnostics.
run an extended test will take app more than an hour
Posted on Feb 13, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Computer freezes on start-up
whenever your doing a cd recovery you need to remove the battery
use ac power
if its still freezing up you'll have to run windows again
Windows uses a lot of power to install
Posted on Jan 28, 2009
probably itz either minor case of software corruption/improper ground/cpu fan..
or major case of faulty or defective main board/ram/addon/daughter cards..
..plz do check the following as in order:..
the Hardware part:..
1)a) in power-on mode, open/unplug the data/vga cable of the monitor from cabinet..see if raster or 'osd' is appearing on the monitor screen..if so monitor is ok..else replace the monitor and see..[not applicable in case of laptop]..
b) in case of laptop try to get output from external display unit/monitor using vga port..if there's proper display in there..the problem is probably with either the 'lcd' or 'ccfl' or 'inverter circuit'..
2) if u hv a graphics card, replace with a standby or onboard and see..[not applicable in case of laptop]..
3) unplug mains supply..pick open/remove the cmos battery..check (above +3v)..resit..
4) see if the ram(s) is loose/faulty..open clean/remove carbon & or oxide formed on the teeth with an eraser n resit it..or replace with a standby n see..
5) a) see if ur hdd is noisy or emitting any 'ticking' noise (like 'tuk tuk' or 'kirr kirr')..
b) or if the system is not supporting either the newly installed device or itz software/driver /firmware
if so, u need either a fresh os installation or ur hdd is likely to b replaced..
6) remove/clean dust neatly..dust is non-uniform in nature n may cause jam/short circuitry/excess resistance n many more..resulting an increase in heat..
7) open the CPU Heat-Sink with fan out of the socket..put some "Heat Sink Compound" (available in local electronics chip level spare market)between the cpu/processor and the CPU Heat Sink *** fan..resit/fit it tightly in position..
8) on main/mother board..see with a debug card for mb error..may b short..look for defective capacitors(espabove1000mfd)/mosfets..go through the mb's south bridge n the circuit lie around atx connector..the crystal clock generator (if cpu isn't heating up)..
9) [in case of desktop] the smps itself may b defective/faulty..check the outputs of smps viz. 0v (black~ground); +12v(yellow); +5v (red, green~ps-on, violet~pg& grey~sb); -12v (blue);-5v(white); +3.3v(orange)..the 'oscillator and error amplifier ic',or pwm switching regulator circuit..look for defective protector-transformer/resistance (esp 4.7k)/mosfet..
check the battery n adapter [main power], in case of laptops..
plz give higher priority to step 8 & 9..
the Software part:..
1) hv a licensed and UPDATED antivirus installed (i prefer avg/kaspersky,remember, without updation a full version antivirus is useless)..
2) download, install n run microsoft kb890830..http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=AD724AE0-E72D-4F54-9AB3-75B8EB148356&displaylang=en..
3) download n run Startup Control Panel..http://download.cnet.com/Startup-Control-Panel/3000-2094_4-10039330.html..'remove all the unnecessary startup items from here..(if u can't find what to remove, post me/us in ur comment with all the items listed in each n every tabs herein)..
4) remove all unnecessary software from add/remove programs..
5) download, install n run 'Advanced System Care Pro'..http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Pro/3000-2086_4-10399324.html..
6) disable the following:..
a) 'Automatically Restart' right click on my computer->properties->advanced->startup n recovery->(un check on the) Automatically Restart;
b) 'Error Reporting' right click on my computer->properties->advanced->error reporting->disable error reporting->(uncheck on the) 'but notifyme when critical error occur'..
7) Increase the size of Virtual Memory, Initial: 1440; Maximum: 2880
if u r not a professional, always better to seek advise from ur system admin/vendor....
Posted on Nov 23, 2009
SOURCE: Toshiba NB205 keeps freezing
the freezing has nothing to do with the settings ....after you upgrade Ram memory always reinstall the operating system ...to make all the things go smooth ...after you will reinstall you will see the difference ....anyway ...first go to bios and pres f9 to get it to the factory defaults ....than move all the files you want to save in another partition from the C drive ...and after that reinstall the OS and format C partition in NTFS normal (slow way) ...make sure you have the drivers for it first ..either stored on the D drive ...or on a disk or memory device...
Posted on Dec 23, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 08, 2012 | Compaq Computers & Internet
Nov 08, 2012 | Fujitsu FMV lifebook TH40/D
Nov 08, 2012 | IBM NetVista PC Desktop
Oct 24, 2012 | Compaq Presario CQ57-339WM
Oct 16, 2012 | ASUS Computers & Internet
Oct 16, 2012 | HP Compaq 6730b Notebook
Feb 13, 2012 | Gateway M465-E Notebook
Feb 11, 2010 | Toshiba Sattelite A105-S2051 Notebook
Jan 30, 2008 | Dell Inspiron B130 Notebook
57 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!