I have a Kenmore Heavy Duty 70 Series, It fills with water but doesnot agitate and doesnot spin out the clothes are still wet but the water has been pump out, you can hear the motor but its not agitateing and the tub doesn't spin out.Its a shaft driven system, no belt
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You have a problem with the motor coupling. Top-load washers use what's called a direct-drive system, meaning it does not use a belt but what's called a "motor coupling". I probably replace 5 a week because these little guys break because of 2 reasons that i've found.
1) The break mechanism is too dry and causing the basket to stop at a holt, which puts a lot of strain on the coupler.
2) They break because of over-loading. I don't think you're over-loading though because it was find for 5 straight years.
Good luck to you. The repair is kind of hard to do on your own for the first time, so I would call an authorized technician. It will run you anywhere between $90 to $120 at most.
i have a kenmore 70 series washer model 10020722990
it will fill with water but will not wash. if you put it on spin the water will drain but it will not spin. it sounds like the motor turning. is it a clutch that has broken.