Re: 13inch tv/vcr no fast forward or rewind buttons how...
No clicker with it??? if not ,u can get a universal remote that might run it if u dont have one?? they are like 4.00 at walmart and onthe back of the tv there are numbers or a code u put into the universal remote that u purchace , u progam them into it and it will run ur tv..or vcr..like the original would.... if not its in ur vcr... ...
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Left up the VCR tape gate,see,if the tape still in there?Yes,unplug,10 mins.replug the Tv and push the tape forward botton.Let the tape go forward about 5 sec. eject the tape take out.Grandson probally rewind the same seen to many times,causing power power shotdown mode.
The "DEW" warning appears if a VHS player or recorder has built up humidity. This, much like dew found on the grass on a cool morning, is the result of condensation building up, ususally after a temperature change. Once the moisture has evaporated the unit should work properly.
Be sure to keep your TV away from sources of humidity, such as a window or a bathroom/kitchen door. Also, make sure it is in a climate-controlled room away from drafts so the temperature does not change rapidly.
When a VCR eats a tape, it can be cause by a couple things.
1. There is a rubber wheel called a "pincher wheel" that compresses the tape against the "capstan". The capstan is a shiny metal spindle connected to a motor. The pincher wheel can become worn and/or dirty (slick) from the oxide coating off of the tape. You can try cleaning the pincher wheel and capstan with alcohol or try using a re-grip solution on the pincher wheel. Last thing to do is replace the pincher wheel. Look to see that the pincher wheel is doing its job by pulling the tape through.
2. There is a small tire wheel called an idler tire. This tire pivots between the sending and pickup reels of the player. Its also used during fast forward & rewind as well as play. If the tire is worn, the tape won't be wound up as fast on the take-up reel as the sending reel during play. This means more tape is coming out of the cassette than can be wound up on the takeup reel. You can try using a re-grip solution on the idler tire or replace it.
Let me know if you need more information as to where to purchase these parts.
The set has a problem on the mechanical section of the VCR,it might be out of aligment or a part has gone bad completely and now needs to be replaced,dirty heads will not give you these symptoms,the power supply is sensing a problem and is doing what is suppose to do when it detects a problem,it seems that you only have a use for the TV unless you get the vcr repair.
since it fast forwards, and rewinds, my first guess (that the take-up mechanism is worn, which also causes the machine to "eat tapes" after it stops) not likely..... the other common problem is misaligned sensors (especially if you recently had a tape jam in it, or found a foreign object, like a pen, or piece of candy in it...... another possibility is that if it's with a particular tape, you may have visible gaps in the coating on the tape, which would trigger the sensors, basically saying "STOP.... END OF TAPE..."
there are other sensors and sensing conditions that could cause the same problem....... have the mechanism and electronics looked at by an expert.......
Theres a rewind ,fastforward clutch inside the tape mechanism thats worn, the brake for the supply reel in not releasing completely, or theres hair -dirt- or gunk under the supply reel, or the drive belt needs to be replaced. Now If this wasent part of a tv set combo I would say take it apart and have a peak at some of the things I mentioned. BUT theres extremly HI VOLTAGE inside this puppy and if you dont know the saftey issues related to this , I would highly recommend getting a pro to assist you in this repair. Good Luck