Question about Acer AL2032WD 20" LCD Monitor
When I shut off my computer..I constantly have to go into the menu to reset from analog to digital...not sure if I am just doing something wrong or there is a setting I have overlooked..screen comes up with background but no toolbar..hope you can help me...thank you
Video Card problem. This can be caused by your onboard video card or a separate video card installed on your AGP or PCIE slot. Either way, try changing your display settings first. Set it at a lower or higher refresh rate and lower or higher bit and resolution settings.
Posted on Mar 15, 2009
probably itz either minor case of software corruption/improper ground/cpu fan..
or major case of faulty or defective main board/ram/addon/daughter cards..
assuming that ur not using any backup devices such as ups/inverter/cvt so on..as u didn't mention..
also assuming that the bios has not been flashed in a wrong way..
..plz do check the following as in order:..
the Hardware part:..
1)a) in power-on mode, open/unplug the data/vga cable of the monitor from cabinet..see if raster or 'osd' is appearing on the monitor screen..if so monitor is ok..else replace the monitor and see..[not applicable in case of laptop]..
b) in case of laptop try to get output from external display unit/monitor using vga port..if there's proper display in there..the problem is probably with either the 'lcd' or 'ccfl' or 'inverter circuit'..
2) if u hv a graphics card, replace with a standby or onboard and see..[not applicable in case of laptop]..
3) unplug mains supply..pick open/remove the cmos battery..check (above +3v)..resit..
4) see if the ram(s) is loose/faulty..open clean/remove carbon & or oxide formed on the teeth with an eraser n resit it..or replace with a standby n see..
5) a) see if ur hdd is noisy or emitting any 'ticking' noise (like 'tuk tuk' or 'kirr kirr')..
b) or if the system is not supporting either the newly installed device or itz software/driver /firmware
if so, u need either a fresh os installation or ur hdd is likely to b replaced..
6) remove/clean dust neatly..dust is non-uniform in nature n may cause jam/short circuitry/excess resistance n many more..resulting an increase in heat..
7) open the CPU Heat-Sink with fan out of the socket..put some "Heat Sink Compound" (available in local electronics chip level spare market)between the cpu/processor and the CPU Heat Sink *** fan..resit/fit it tightly in position..
8) on main/mother board..see with a debug card for mb error..may b short..look for defective capacitors(espabove1000mfd)/mosfets..go through the mb's south bridge n the circuit lie around atx connector..the crystal clock generator (if cpu isn't heating up)..
9) [in case of desktop] the smps itself may b defective/faulty..check the outputs of smps viz. 0v (black~ground); +12v(yellow); +5v (red, green~ps-on, violet~pg& grey~sb); -12v (blue);-5v(white); +3.3v(orange)..the 'oscillator and error amplifier ic',or pwm switching regulator circuit..look for defective protector-transformer/resistance (esp 4.7k)/mosfet..
check the battery n adapter [main power], in case of laptops..
if u r not a professional, seek advice of ur system admin/vendor....
Posted on Nov 23, 2009
SOURCE: monitor settings
Well yes you can reset your monitor, you need to completely switch off the monitor (means switch off your monitor from the main power not only using the on/off button) leave switch off your monitor for 24+ hours and check again, this procedure is known as hard reset...... Please post comments if further you have the same problem........
Posted on Mar 02, 2010
SOURCE: wrong background color
Right click anywhere on your desktop.Make sure all programs are closed.Select properties,then select desktop.From here you can change it to anything you like.
Posted on Apr 12, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 18, 2013 | Belinea 1930 S1 Monitor
Feb 28, 2011 | Proview PL926WBi 19" LCD Monitor
Jun 02, 2010 | HP w1907 LCD Monitor
Apr 21, 2010 | LG L1915S 19" LCD Monitor
Aug 01, 2009 | E-Machines 19" Widescreen Flat Panel TFT...
Jan 05, 2009 | Samsung SyncMaster 731B 17" LCD Monitor
Dec 04, 2008 | Dell UltraSharp 1907FP 19" LCD Monitor
Aug 18, 2008 | Computer Monitors
Mar 18, 2007 | Matrix HANNSFREE 19 Analog and Digital...
40 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: