Question about Canon PowerShot SD550 / IXUS 750 Digital Camera
The Lock Release Switch ( the button that move so the battery or the memory card can be remove ) is broken and how can I order it ? My E-Mail is Marklinh@yahoo.com. Thank You.
That part is part of the battery compartment and requires fairly major surgery to replace. You won't be able to buy it anywhere without buying the complete battery compartment assembly... except from us.
We are a digital camera repair business and we specialize in hard to find parts. (Google: Darntoothysam). I created a listing for your part on the site, but I can't post a link because I can't tell you how to get your camera fixed other than by saying 'just fix it'. Thanks Fixya terms of service rules! (I was told that posting a link was 'illegal' - their words!)
If we can help you with your repair we would be happy to do so, it's why we're here. If we can't then please feel free to email or post asking questions. We are a real digital camera repair business, not some kid in a Gee. Sq... shirt that knows nothing about a camera other than what it says on the box.
Good luck with your repair
Posted on Oct 28, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
1. Make sure camera is off, and then remove the batteries and memory card.
2. Close the battery door.
3. Press and hold down the on/off button for 1 minute.
4. Release the on/off button, and reinsert the batteries and memory card.
5. Power the camera on.
Next reset the settings of the camera to the factory default.
1. While the camera is on, press and hold the menu button for approximately 10 seconds.
2. The screen should then display the message "Reset settings to default".
3. "Cancel" will be highlighted so move to the right and highlight "OK".
4. Press the SET button once "OK" has been highlighted.
5. The screen will say "busy" while the settings are returned to the default
Nov 28, 2011 | Canon PowerShot A75 Digital Camera
Feb 21, 2011 | Canon PowerShot SD550 / IXUS 750 Digital...
Aug 10, 2010 | Canon PowerShot SD550 / IXUS 750 Digital...
Jun 07, 2009 | Canon PowerShot SD550 / IXUS 750 Digital...
Jan 11, 2009 | Canon PowerShot SD550 / IXUS 750 Digital...
Dec 20, 2008 | Canon PowerShot SD550 / IXUS 750 Digital...
Dec 12, 2007 | Canon PowerShot SD550 / IXUS 750 Digital...
Nov 17, 2007 | Canon PowerShot A560 Digital Camera
Oct 30, 2007 | Canon PowerShot SD550 / IXUS 750 Digital...
Aug 23, 2007 | Canon PowerShot SD550 / IXUS 750 Digital...
76 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: