Question about Whirlpool Kitchen Ranges
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
We had those same symptoms with our range out of the box. It was a problem with the PC board and it was fixed under warranty.
Posted on May 28, 2008
Door and switches
do not agree
1. Unplug range or disconnect power.
2. Check wires and connectors from control to door switch, then from door switch to control.
3. If no damage to wires or connectors, replace door switch.
4. Replace all parts and panels before operating.
5. Plug in range or reconnect power.
6. Press Cancel/OFF key. Program and start the CLEAN mode, and observe for 1 minute to ensure that
operation is normal.
7. Go to step 1 and complete checks.
Posted on Jan 11, 2009
SOURCE: Pressed broil for the stove
This error code on a Kitchen Aid range indicates a keypad short on the Electronic Range Control (ERC) board. This is the clock/timer on the operator console. The recommended fix is to replace the ERC. You can generally find replacement parts at these websites:
searspartsdirect.com appliancepartspros.com pcappliancerepair.com
All these sites offer great service with competitive pricing, so shop and compare.
Replacing an ERC is not a difficult repair and can be accomplished by the average do-it-your self offer. If you decide to order the part and wish to repair this on your own, follow these steps:
1. UNPLUG the range. Dangerous voltage is still present inside even with the range turned off.
2. Pull the range away from the wall and turn the unit around so you can access the rear panel.
3. Remove the screws on the back of the operator console.
4. Carefully disconnect the connector plugs to the ERC. Take note of how they are connected, so that you can reinstall them correctly.
NOTE: The connectors are usually color coded with the colors printed on the circuit board. However, if the colors are not printed on the board, write them down. (A digital camera also comes in real handy for this).
5. With the connectors removed, remove the mounting screws to the ERC and the assembly will come out.
NOTE: Most replacement ERC boards do not come with the overlay. This is the plastic pre-printed number display. The overlay can easily be peeled off and re-used. Just make sure you properly orient the overlay so that you don't inadvertently place it on the new board upside down. If your existing overlay is damaged, you will need to order separately.
6. Install new ERC using the steps provided in reverse order. Minimize handling the new circuit board with your bare hands to avoid damaging the board.
I hope this instruction helps you.
Thank you for using fixya.
Posted on Sep 20, 2010
SOURCE: i have a whirlpool super
The problem with the oven not lighting believe it or not is going to be that the igniter is weak and not drawing the correct amount of power to allow the gas to flow.I know it would seem since the igniter comes on that it could not be the problem yet since it comes on to me a oven technician with 30 years experience the igniter is exactly what it is.
Posted on Sep 23, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
May 03, 2015 | Whirlpool Ovens
Oct 23, 2013 | Whirlpool SF368LEP Gas Kitchen Range
Nov 28, 2012 | Kitchen Ranges
Jan 02, 2011 | Whirlpool Kitchen Ranges
Jun 18, 2017 | Whirlpool RF111PXS Electric Range
Sep 17, 2009 | Whirlpool Accubake RF362LXTS Electric...
Oct 19, 2008 | Whirlpool RF378LXKS Electric Kitchen Range
May 15, 2008 | Whirlpool GS563LXSS - stainless Steel Gas...
61 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!