Question about Bissell 6594 PowerForce Bagless Upright Vacuum
My beater bar will not turn on my vacuum. I took everything apart and cleaned it. I bought a new vacuum belt even though the old one was still in tact. It burns rubber when I turn the vacuum on, and the brushes don't move at all. I'm wondering how to take apart the beater bar itself. The end caps do not appear to come off for cleaning. But it's just frozen in place. Not even the new stronger belt can move it. Any help?
I expect the brushes/bar are removable. the man manufacturers can come up with some realyy ingenious ways of putting thier machines together!
Posted on Jun 19, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
If you have a rubber smell, then the belt is slipping, does the brush roll turn freely while holding the ends? If not then replace it, part #2036619, if it is ok, then the belt has strectched and is slipping under load, part # 2106679, Style 8.
Posted on Jan 21, 2008
SOURCE: Bissell Beater brush sporadic
I was having the same problem with my Healthy Home vac and happened to read a solution to another question on this site posted by someone with the user name "9008". I followed his suggestion and my vac works great again. There is a screw on the back of the handle near the cord holders that can loosen up over time. When this screw is loose, the brush switch (and therefore the brushes) do not work properly. I'm not sure why this little screw causes such a big problem, but it does. To find this screw, look on the back of the handle, it's on the edge, kind of behind the hose. You should see a triangle with a Phillips screw-head symbol embossed in the plastic. Tighten this screw gently (careful not to over-tighten and strip it!). Also, not a bad idea to tighten the other screws...I found many of mine to be quite loose. Hope this helps!!
Posted on Sep 05, 2009
Remove the beater bar and clean the debris from the bar and the end bearings. Remove the belt (remember how it is installed) and check it for any damaged areas. Make sure the bar turns freely before the belt is attached to the motor drive. Hope this helps!
Posted on Mar 15, 2010
SOURCE: Beater brush
Note: The brush will not rotate when the machine is locked in the upright position, because an internal micro-switch turns the brush motor off.
- Make sure brush switch on the handle is on.
- Check the belt through the clear brush cover. If this appears damaged or broken, take your machine to a local BISSELL Authorized Service Center to have it replaced. If the belt is intact, please continue checking the following:
- Ensure both power switches are turned on when you check for brush rotation.
- Unplug the power cord and remove the handle completely. Slide handle back into the lower section of handle, ensuring the screw is in tight. If the handle is not aligned properly, this will affect the power of the brush motor.
- Look for debris wrapped around the brush (i.e. string, hair, fibers, etc.). When the machine is unplugged, cut away any visible hair, fibers or debris from the brush roller. This brush is NOT removable from the machine.
- If something has become lodged in the foot and the brush shuts off, turn off the vacuum and unplug this from the outlet. You can now remove the obstruction. The brush will automatically reset when the vacuum is plugged in and turned back on.
Posted on Jun 15, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 03, 2014 | Vacuums
Sep 14, 2011 | Hoover U6630-900 WindTunnel Bagless...
Feb 16, 2011 | Dyson DC11 All Floors Bagless Canister...
Nov 27, 2009 | Rainbow E series Canister Wet/Dry Vacuum
Aug 12, 2009 | Dyson DC14 Bagless Upright Cyclonic Vacuum
Jul 12, 2009 | Dirt Devil M088910 Swivel Glide Vision...
Apr 25, 2009 | Dyson DC17 Animal Bagless Upright Cyclonic...
Apr 05, 2009 | Dyson DC14 All floors Bagless Upright...
281 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!