Hi! Let's see if I can give you step-by-step instructions as best I can for this product.
1. First off, you're going to need to install the driver for this product, it seems. Drivers are the software that let the cable interact with your computer and oftentimes provide the program needed. You should be able to find that here, assuming you are running XP:
2. Second, your cable should have come with software installation CDs: One should be labeled CyberLink Power Director 5.0 DE and that is the one you want. The other one will work if you can't find the one I specified, but I suggest the first one as it is a newer version of the product. Put that into your CD tray and follow the on-screen prompts (It should automatically pop up and help you install the software.)
3. Connect the cable to your computer, and to the "out" or "output" red, white and yellow cables on your tv, vcr, or the device you're going to get images from.
4. Open your Start Menu at the bottom left of your computer screen and look for the menu "All Programs >" which will be at the bottom left, or "Programs" which will be up a little bit. Hover your mouse cursor over that and look for the CyberLink or Cyberlink Power Director menu on the list that pops up. Run the software from there. I am not familiar with this software so you may have to read any instruction manuals that came with your product.
5. When the software is ready to record, you should be able to just play whatever you are recording to your computer and you should be good to go!
Hopefully that helped. If it did please rate my solution appropriately. Thanks!