Question about Bosch Washing Machines
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
There are a lot of things to consider when trying to solve this problem. Obviously a front loader washes differently than a top loader. Top loaders tend to using a washing motion that is good for stains but wear out your clothes fast. Front loaders typically use less water and wash more gently, but in some ways still do better than top loaders. Anyway, think about any other variables that go into the laundry equation. Consider the distance the machine is from your water heater. This machine will use MUCH less water to fill than your old one, and, you know how when you turn a faucet on hot it takes a minute for the hot water to actually get there? It's the same way with your machine. If there's a sink next your washer, you should always turn on the hot water on the faucet until it gets hot right before you start the machine. The same goes for dishwashers. If there's not a sink close you can easily turn up the temperature for all hot water on your water heater, although that will use more energy.
Consider what detergent you're using. If you're using high efficiency detergent (like Tide he) maybe you should switch to your old brand. If you're using your old brand of detergent, try getting a high efficiency detergent.
Posted on Sep 20, 2009
First clean around the rubber with some mould and mildew cleaner for bathrooms - available from most supermarkets.
This is a natural accumulation of waste detergent, fabric softener, fibres and dirt build up that is being attacked by bacteria and eventually decomposes into a sludge / goo and then eventually starts smelling bad as well.
To keep the machine clean of waste build up and to keep any bad odours away:
1. Remove all items from the washer.
2. Open the dispenser drawer and 2/3 cup (160 mL) of liquid chlorine bleach to the bleach compartment. DO NOT use more than 2/3 cup (160mL) of bleach per cycle as this will lead to product damage.
3. Close the washer door and dispenser drawer.
4. Select the Clean Washer cycle or a full wash cotton 104 F wash (40 C). DO NOT use any higher temperature as this will cause unnecessary fumes
5. Press Start and allow cycle to complete.
6. After the cycle is complete, leave the door open slightly to allow ventilation and drying of the washer interior.
7. Repeat the cleaning procedure monthly
Posted on Oct 02, 2009
"E3" on a Bosch Maxx means the door is not closed properly. Either there something preventing it from closing properly (blockage) or there is a fault with the locking mechanism.
Posted on Nov 22, 2009
The e2 error is a generic error that the machine shows if it's been overloaded or if the load becomes unbalanced during a wash cycle.
to fix you must do a master reset of the washing machine.
1. Close the door and make sure the dial is pointing to the "OFF" function
2. Hold the Start/Pause button and turn the dial anti clockwise (to the left) to the "express 15 min" program at the same time.
3. Hold the Start/Pause button for a minute (the e2 message is meant to start flashing after a minute of holding the button down however with my washing machine this didn't happen)
4. Release the button and turn the dial back to the "Off" function.
5. Select any program and the message should not be appearing.
Posted on Nov 25, 2009
Possibly a blocked filter or pump.
Ths filter should be at the bottom right front of washer, sometimes behind a removeable cover at the bottom of washer.
To clean it, unscrew anti-clockwise, remove and clean.
Posted on Dec 09, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 01, 2018 | Washing Machines
Feb 10, 2017 | Bosch Washing Machines
Nov 01, 2014 | Bosch Washing Machines
Jul 12, 2014 | Bosch Washing Machines
Sep 19, 2012 | Bosch Washing Machines
Aug 25, 2012 | Bosch Washing Machines
Nov 26, 2011 | Bosch Washing Machines
Nov 28, 2017 | Bosch Washing Machines
Oct 25, 2010 | Washing Machines
Jul 19, 2018 | Bosch Washing Machines
85 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!