Question about Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
How to reset the Canon MP150 after a refill (Step 10 concerns refill; instructions below the steps):
Method1 (Safe Factory Method):
1) Disconnect the printer’s power outlet
2) Press and hold the power button while connecting the power outlet back.
3) While still holding down the power button, press the reset button twice.(red circle with a triangle)
4) Release the power button
The printer takes about 10 seconds to show the number 0.
5) Press + to change the value from 0 to 1.
6) When this value is 1, press colour button; this will light up two leds.
One is for plain paper and the other for photo paper. At this point is feed the printer with paper.
7) Press the power button twice and the printer will print a some stuff (if this page doesn't print by itself, press the "color" button once and the test page will print). Don’t worry much about the printed material. I got some stripped lines and some numbers. I believe that my colour cartridge is clogged which is why I got the green strips.
When you print this sheet the value in the display returns to zero.
8 ) Open the printer cover cover (not the scanner cover) and remove the cartridges. With the printer still open, disconnect the power outlet.
9) Close the lid and turn on the printer.
10) Refill cartridges and place them back in their nice little abode in the printer.
Posted on Jan 09, 2009
Here's the solution to reset the MP 150 1) First power off the printer. Next, while holding STOP/RESET button, power on the printer. 2) While holding POWER button, release STOP/RESET button. Then push STOP/RESET button twice. 3) Wait about 20-30 second until the LED shows "0". The push STOP/RESET button four times. 4) Finally push POWER button twice. Last step is to turn off the printer by pressing the POWER button one last time.
Posted on Apr 02, 2007
If you have refilled your old cartridges, rather than replacig them with new ones, then the printer reads the chip on the old cartridge as empty. It can't tell how much ink is in there. SO you just have to keep an eye out for when the ink seems to be running low due to the quality and refill them again.
Posted on Sep 10, 2006
Try removing cart. reset printer. reinsert cart, power cycle printer.
Posted on Aug 13, 2006
I found an working procedure (METHOD1) to reset ink level for Canon MP150!
Jump here, and use METHOD1 !!!
This is an SAFE procedure, do not harm your printer.
And working Canon MP140 too!
(sorry my bad english)
garasz from Hungary
Posted on Dec 13, 2008
If this doesn't work at resetting ink level, go to this page and do as directed: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=164622
Posted on Aug 23, 2008
This also fixed the error E, 2, 7 on my Canon Pixma 145. This solution works!
Posted on Jun 14, 2008
U must do your toot!
Posted on Oct 24, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 22, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 08, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP180 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 05, 2018 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 07, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 08, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 07, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
May 05, 2008 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 16, 2014 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
13,839 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: