We have a e-studio 233 and when we try to set the machine to rotate-sort the paper from the lt-r drawer gets jammed in the machine. Is the paper even suppossed to come from there when we have it set on lt ?
This is the second time this has done this and the first time we had to call a service guy out and he pushed some buttons and it worked right but with 25 people using the copier I need to know how to fix this when they mess it up.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: paper getting jammed when rotate sort
To clarify LT and LT-R are both 8 1/2" x 11", most models of Toshiba will ask what size paper are in the drawer when they are open and shut,. if you have LT paper (landscape) in a drawer, but tell the machine it is LT-R (portrait) when it tries to feed it will jam because it "senses" you are missing 2 1/2" of paper. So make sure your settings are correct, in my experience this is 90% of the jamming issues on Toshibas. Rotate sort uses both drawers to interleave the LT & LT-R into "stacks" so they must be opposite directions but corresponding to correct direction (portrait, landscape)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Press the hard button that says User Function. Then on the touch screen press the button that says drawer. Select the drawer you wish to change. Then select LT-R . Next set your drawer paper stops to fit the LT-R. paper and you should be all set.
The paper lift housing is cracked. The clicking noise is made by the lift gears skipping teeth.
It needs to be serviced...in the mean time, you might try feeding 11 x 17 paper through the manual feeder (bypass tray). Or if you need many 11 x 17 copies, it is possible to set another paper drawer to 11 x 17 size...just set the plastic tag in the front of cassette to LD so the machine knows what size of paper to expect (if tag is set incorrectly, machine will jam EVERY TIME)
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Remove any paper trays. Inspect them for wrinkled or damaged paper.
3. Also open the back cover of the printer if this model has one.
4. Open any other doors that give access to the printer's paper path and to the toner or ink cartridge.
5. If necessary, remove the toner or ink cartridge. Place it away from light/ sun light to avoid damaging it.
6. If you find a piece of jammed paper, remove it by holding it with both hands and pulling firmly. The goal is to keep the paper from tearing. If several pieces are jammed together, try pulling out the middle piece first to loosen the jam.
7. If the paper does tear, try rotating the roller gears manually to free the paper. Don't force anything, though. Do this step especially if the jam message comes up repeatedly without any obvious paper jam, there may be a small tear of paper inside.
8. Ones the printer is free of paper Replace the toner or ink cartridge and paper trays, close any doors you opened and turn the printer back on.
9. If the printer paper jam message still appears, then there is still some paper in the printer. Reinspect the paper path.
10. see alternative if the problem is still not solved.
Load a piece of thick paper, for example photo paper and press the resume button (may be diffrent button on diffrent models) a few times to the printer picks up the paper and puts it through the machine.
To change paper size setting, press the user function-->user-->drawer.
In order to do network printing using network port (RJ45), u need to make sure printing kit (GM107x) is installed on your machine. It looks like an thumb driver.
But u can also enable the 60 days trial periods in order to try out the network printing.
hi im jules_09.have you reassemble the fuser correctly?check again the inside of the machine for small pieces of paper its just there the machine wont flash the misfed if there is nothing stock in the machine.although sometimes the drum can cause the misfed,try to full out the drum.it cant be stock just see if the drum is rotating try to rotate it 360 then slowly full it out,also check if there are srews where the drum process unit is at