Question about Cobra 29 LTD CB Radio
The cb will pick up but I can hear no one at all. It all lights up and everything. I mess with the squelch but still didnt get any sound out of it. CAn u please help me thank u
In my case with the same problem i found a broken blue wire on the mike's connector.
Posted on Jan 06, 2009
It sounds like a problem with the audio output stage of the CB, to test this:
1) get a schematic of the CB
2) unplug and un-install the CB
3) put it onto a workbench, remove the cover, and use a 12volt DC power supply to power it
4) on the schematic find the point where the IF signal goes into the Quadrature Detector and test its level against the schematics level using an if probe and a voltmeter.
5) find the point where the Quadrature detector turns the IF into audio and then using an audio test amplifier see if audio is present at the output of the Quadrature detector.
6) If audio is present then trace the signal through the audio stages, until you find the stage where it drops out
7) if audio is not present, then the problem is the Quadrature detector.
8) In either case troubleshoot and find the bad components and replace them.
9) I would suspect bad capacitors, or a malfunctioning audio output IC.
I hope this helps
Posted on Nov 01, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 27, 2014 | Cobra 29 LTD JR LE Limited Edition Dale...
Sep 20, 2013 | Cobra 29 LTD CB Radio
Oct 05, 2012 | Cobra 29 LTD CB Radio
Feb 28, 2012 | Cobra 29 LTD CB Radio
Sep 02, 2010 | Cobra 29 LTD CB Radio
323 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!