Question about Canon PIXMA MP495 InkJet Printer
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
For Canon ip1000 and ip1600, maybe others
1. remove cartridges
2. unplug AC power
3. hold power button and plug AC power (keep holding power button.
4. press resume 4 times
The waste ink counter should be reset by now
Posted on Nov 30, 2007
I have the same problem, but Jet Tec waste inks. When I first replaced black (pgi 5bk)-don't forget to place the small chip from the original cartridge to replacement; it worked fine. But now, it has a lot of problems because this **** printer from canon only want original inks (and the original are tooooooooo expensive). I'll never bought anything else from canon.
Posted on Mar 23, 2008
I tried a few times... I have done this alot to many different canon printers. This is what worked for me.
1. Unplug AC (and usb just for good measure)
2. Hold Start while plugging in...
3. While still holding Start press Resume twice.
4. This then allows for Removal of Ink Cartridges(if you are past the limit)... a very important step apparently.
5. Now repeat Step 1... Step 2
6. Now press the Resume 4 times (only blinks for 1st two presses !)
7. Should be ready...
Good luck. I was very happy when this worked for me.
Posted on May 05, 2008
SOURCE: waste ink absorber
This is the ink counter reset instructions:
1. Service mode: Menu->Scan->Copy->Scan( one at a time in sequence)
2.Select "test mode"
3.Select "(8) ETC
4.Select "(4) EEPROM CLEAR
5.Select "(1) INK COUNT
6. press the OK button
7. Press the STOP/RESET button(returns you to the TEST MODE sub-menu
8. Press the ON/OFF button (which resets the printer).
There you go.
Posted on May 27, 2008
SOURCE: Reset Waste INk Canon MX318
Waste Ink Counter Reset.
(1) Turn off the printer.
(2) Press and hold the RESUME button, then press and hold the POWER button.
(3) Release the RESUME button, Next press and release the RESUME button two(2) more times in
succession. Note: you are still holding the POWER button). The printer's carriage will "reset"
or move momentarily. If the above was properly performed the printer will enter the
(4) Press the RESUME button 4 times, this will select the clear waste ink counter function. The lamp
will alternate (change) color with each key press.
1. Service/Factory test printout, including ink sensor check.
2. EEPROM - Info printout.
3. EEPROM - Initialization.
4. Reset the Waste ink counter.
5. Printer model setting. (More selections beyond this point - However it is best leave them unaltered - You have been warned!)
After selecting the desired mode (eg 4), press the POWER button to "set" the change, and return to the top of the function selection menu. Press the POWER button again to restart the printer.
Thanks for using Fixya
Posted on Sep 16, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 24, 2015 | Canon PIXMA MP495 InkJet Printer
Jun 08, 2012 | Canon PIXMA MX860 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 05, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP1000
Eight flashes: Waste ink absorber almost full
The printer has a built-in waste ink absorber for the ink used during Print Head cleaning. Eight flashes indicates that the waste ink absorber is nearly full. Press the RESUME/CANCEL button to cancel the error so you can continue printing. Before the waste ink absorber becomes completely full, contact a Canon service representative.
Canon recommends that you call for service as soon as this error occurs. Once the waste ink absorber becomes completely full, printing will no longer be possible
Jan 11, 2011 | Casio Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 01, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP8500 InkJet Photo Printer
May 22, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP3000 InkJet Photo Printer
Nov 24, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP90 Mobile Printer
Nov 12, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
1,132 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: