Question about GE Microwave Ovens
The peeling of the white coating inside of the microwave oven is dangerous in terms of creating a fire hazard and potentially contaminating the food you cook within it. This can be prevented by cleaning up all splatters and spills immediately before using the microwave oven again. You can fix the peeling by replacing the microwave oven or repairing it. To repair it, you will have to remove the peeling coating and then repaint the interior of the microwave with paint that is designed for microwaves in general. Though, if you do this, you will have to let the paint dry up for at least 24 hours. I hope this helps you!
Posted on Feb 10, 2012
Testimonial: "Thank you very much. Do you know what kind of paint or where do I get this type of paint? "
High temp paint is NOT the right stuff... Why you ask? Because after applying it, after 1 hour to NO MORE than 8 hours later, it must be heat cured in a NON-FOOD over @ 650 degrees F for 45-60 mins to cure it.
The best, longest lasting paint IMO is a good EPOXY base prime with an epoxy appliance paint. If rust holes are in it, it can be fixed, but MUST be done proper (welded) and sanded smooth as any sharp cabin disturbance will cause arcing. Preperation is key so STRIP all the factory cheap azz powdercoat and start from metal. Roughing is not enough as I can tell you the rust you see extends much farther under powdercoat that looks perfectly fine. I usually chem strip with Aircraft remover (Don't substitute). This will get the bulk, but not all of it unless you reapply 10x and the cost per can would defeat fixing it. A heat gun works wonders.... I start by using slow cure epoxy glue to seal the seams in the cabin. Let sit overnight. Hit the epoxy to smooth and rough it so the finish coats stick proper. With this technique the paint should outlast the factory cheap china clearcoat over bare steel by 4x or better.... In other words.... The last time it will need to be done (Except maybe in commercial apps)
Posted on Oct 20, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Is it plastic or paint? I would be surprised if it were plastic, as that would probably not withstand the microwave energy.
If it needs to be repainted, that can be done if it is cleaned and dried.
High temperature appliance paint is available from stores like Wal-Mart or Lowe's.
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Mar 04, 2008
It depends on how much the radiation is dissipated. Normally the grill on the door prevents and escape of radiation and so this cannot be a threat but a reading outside the door will be good to confirm and if so the door must be replaced.
Posted on Nov 30, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 30, 2015 | Microwave Ovens
Jan 26, 2015 | Microwave Ovens
Oct 20, 2013 | GE Adora Over the Range Microwave....
Nov 29, 2011 | Daewoo WM1010CC Microwave Oven
Feb 20, 2011 | GE Microwave Ovens
Feb 25, 2010 | Emerson MW8107WA Microwave Oven
Oct 13, 2009 | Magic Chef MCD1311ST Microwave Oven
Nov 15, 2008 | Emerson MW8102SS 1100 Watts Microwave Oven
Aug 10, 2008 | Sunbeam Microwave Ovens
Dec 09, 2007 | Daewoo KOC-925T Microwave Oven
677 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!