It sounds like something has become corrupted in the main files. If you have all your photos, music and videos STILL on your computer - YOU DID SOMETHING RIGHT!STEP ONE:
In order to not loose
1. Go into "My Computer" Coby will show up under "Removable Drive/ Storage"
2. Double Click the icon to open the Coby
3. Save ALL the system folders to a folder you create on your desktop.
(You might want to save everything including your music, movies and photos also! That makes it easier to restore them later.
) A. Right Click and Hold the Mouse
on each folder - B. Drag
to the desktop folder you created C. Release the mouse
Select "COPY HERE" on the pop-up screen E.
Double check that your properties for the desktop folder is the same size, # of folders and # of files - as the ones on the player.
1. Go to EDIT /Select ALL in folder
2. Go to FILE /Properties
3. Choose "Properties"
If the same size, # of folders, # of files are both on your computer and in the player, Close out all opened folders
(that you're using to view the contents of the player) F.
Disconnect the player from the computer using the Coby Manager or Safely Remove Hardware.STEP TWO:
1. Go into Coby Manager
the program is still on your computer unless you've changed computers or computer drives
. (See Below STEP THREE
2. Go to Device Tab
3. Make sure the Coby Player is TURNED OFF ! ! !
3. Attach player to Computer
4. It will show up in the Device Tab of Coby
5. In the lower right hand corner you will see a button "FORMAT"
a. Take a deep breath, gently click on format, squeeze eyes tightly shut... Pray LOUDLY NO WAIT!!! That's not right... I digress...
a. Click on FORMAT
b. Let the program re-format the drive
- THIS WILL MAKE YOU LOOSE ALL INFORMATION ON THE PLAYER ! ! !
That's why you COPIED all the information above to your computer, right???STEP THREE:
The player will now be re-formatted, and will no longer have the Coby
Manager PROGRAM on the PLAYER. You can download a new copy from here:CobyMedia Manager fix for MP822
(But, you DID
save it in the first steps, didn't you??) You will need it if you change computers, or computer drives...
6. Start re-synchronizing your music, movies, photos to your player. You can use the folders you originally used under the "Music" Tab, "Movies" Tab and "Photo" TABs. OR
You can use the folders from the folder you created in STEP ONE.