I have a pair of 8" loudspeakers in my home speaker system that are producing no sound. I am considering buying replacement, but they are quite expensive from the manufacturer. I see there are companies on line that will repair them for less. Any opinion on whether a repaired speaker is just as good as the original? OR, am I better off to just buy the replacement from the manufacturer at a higher cost?
They are actually Martin Logan Ascents, but the Product description below would not take that info.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try a pair of headphones. If you can't hear any sound it's not the speakers. If you can hear sound, it still might not be the speakers. As sometimes headphone sockets which cut the speakers off when headphones are plugged in, can go faulty. To test any loudspeaker connect a 1.5 volt battery accross it's terminals for a few seconds. It should POP.
The headphones socket is on the preamp stage - it works so the problem must be after the pre-amp.
Do you get any sound at all from the speakers (hiss or perhaps a click) when you turn it on?
If yes it is an amplifier problem.
Here are some possible causes
A wire has come off the loudspeaker - easy to fix
Speaker protection fuse has blown - small glass fuse mounted on main amplifier chassis - replace with correct rated and type of fuse (note some of these are 'slow' blow type - important that you get the right one)
faulty component in the main amplifier stage - requires attention from qualified repairer
Loudspeaker burnt out - this can be tested by connecting another speaker across the terminals of the built in speaker.
The headphone jack socket automatically disconnects the loudspeaker when phones are plugged in - it could be that the contact in the headphone jack socket is bent and not re-making contact when the headphones are unplugged.
To troubleshoot the problem start with the bit that is working - the left speaker.
Unplug the input leads on the back of the left speaker and swap them round.
If sound now comes out of right speaker and not the left the problem is with your sound source (computer, IPOD or whatever) or the connecting cable is faulty.
If there is still no sound from the right speaker try turning the volume control knob up and down quickly several times - does this produce any sound from the right speaker? Sometimes the electrical contacts get dirty and this can help clean them.
Turn the speakers off using the volume control knob. Disconnect the speaker wire for the right speaker from the OUTPUT on the left speaker (push the red and black tabs downwards and gently pull the wires out. Find a small 1.5 volt battery (an AA or AAA size will do nicely) and touch the bare ends of the speaker wire briefly on the battery terminals. If you hear a slight crackling sound the wire and the speaker are okay and the problem is in the amplifier, which will need repair or replacement - not a job for an amateur.
If you don't get any sound from the battery test find another piece of speaker wire (any piece of 2 core cable with bare ends will do for testing) and repeat the battery test. If you get sound then replace the speaker wire. If not remove the speaker wire again and go to next step.
Lay the speaker face downwards and carefully unscrew the back panel (don't do this if it is still under manufacturers warranty - take it back for repair or replacement). Lift the back panel off carefully and slowly taking care not to pull the connecting wires inside the cabinet, which will probably be quite short. You may have to settle for just rotating the back panel slightly so that you can see inside if the wires are too short to do otherwise.
Use sticky tape to tightly attach the bare ends of the speaker wires to the terminals of the battery. Touch the loose ends of the speaker wires on the two metal terminals where the internal wires are joined onto the back of the big loudspeaker cone. If this produces a crackling sound it is the internal wiring in the cabinet that needs re-soldering. Otherwise the loudspeaker unit has failed and will need replacement.
Audio power is the electrical power transferred from an
audio amplifier to a loudspeaker, measured in watts. The electrical power
delivered to the loudspeaker and its sensitivity determines the sound power
level generated (with the rest being converted to heat). Amplifiers are limited in the electrical energy they
can amplify, loudspeakers are limited in the electrical energy they can convert
to sound energy without distorting the audio signal or destroying themselves.
These power ratings are important to consumers finding compatible products and
comparing competitors Do rate, if got help
I think your mobile ringer no working it need to be clean. So if you have any Mobile repair worker to near your home go to over there & tell him to make it clean but carefully then check your mob. ringer.
I hope than it will work very fine as working before...
For volume and loudspeaker control increasing or decreasing the volume level when you have an active call or are listening to a sound, press left or right scroll, respectively. Sound applications use the loudspeaker by default.
To use the loudspeaker during a call, start a call, and press the button with the talking face icon and press again to return to earpiece.
If it does not work the speaker, or amp circuit is bad or there is a glitch in the firmware. Replacing the speaker is the only economically viable repair. If the amp circuit or firmware has malfunctioned a new phone is in order.
follow instructions to step 8 (with thanks to Anny for posting it) http://www.annystudio.com/misc/ipaq4700/ With the motherboard removed, you will see the back of the speaker pictured in step 10. I seem to recall that the 'official' replacement loudspeaker (17 UKPounds) looked identical to one taken out of an old Nokia mobile telephone I had lying around. I didn't try it - so I don't know if it would work but the DC resistance across the terminals were about the same. The loudspeaker in the hx4700 is notoriously unreliable and can apparently be damaged by some software titles. I recall that HP published a firmware patch some years ago. I have also found that it is easy to miss the stylus receptical in the top of the device and it is possible to inadvertantly jam the stylus into the earphone socket. This can cause damage to the switch contacts in the jack socket that disconnects the loudspeaker when headphones are used giving the false impression that the loudspeaker itself has failed. I checked this with a multimeter before changing the speaker. In my case the contacts were OK but I doubt that I would have been able to repair the switch contacts without some serious soldering iron weilding. A final note. The ribbon connector for the screen is VERY fragile. Be ultra careful when removing it. Hope it helps. Steve