Question about Canon Pixma MP270 All-in-One InkJet Printer
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I finally got a solution to my problem, which is the same as this one. When trying to scan via USB, you have to make sure the unit is set to USB. On the top panel just above the LCD display, is 3 buttons, Copy, Fax, Scan. Hit the SCAN button, till the display says USB SCANNING. Then try to scan again. Good luck!!
Posted on Sep 05, 2009
SOURCE: canon pixma mp220
I had the same problem, and this is the fix.
1. Go to Canon's website and find the "Drivers and Downloads" section. From there, you will need to specify the subcategories of your hardware, and then your specific model (for example: Hybrid (i.e.-Printer & Scanner), Inkjet, MP470 Series)
2. When you find the proper page for your model printer, select your operating system from the drop down list.
3. Scroll down the page. You will see all versions of the drivers and programs to download. Download the latest version of the driver. You should also download the "My Printer" program. This is useful for troubleshooting and maintenance.
4. Keep scrolling until you find the "MP Navigator" program. This is a very important program, and is necessary for the scanner to operate properly. Download this program.
5. One MP Navigator is downloaded, verify that the scanner will use this program when it operates. To do this, go to the Start menu, click on Control Panel, click on Scanners and Cameras, click the printer that you will be using, then click properties. Click the tab at the top that says "Events." You will then see a drop down menu with the options Save to PC, Save as PDF, etc. Verify for each option that your computer is either opening the MP Navigator program, or that the computer will prompt you on which program to open.
This should get your scanner working. Hope this helps!
Posted on Sep 15, 2009
Best Solution posted on Sep 05, 2009
Rating: 94%, 4 votes
I finally got a solution to my problem, which is the same as this one. When trying to scan via USB, you have to make sure the unit is set to USB. On the top panel just above the LCD display, is 3 buttons, Copy, Fax, Scan. Hit the SCAN button, till the display says USB SCANNING. Then try to scan again. Good luck!
Posted on Oct 21, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 03, 2012 | Canon PIXMA Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 22, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP240 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 26, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP240 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 08, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP190 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 07, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 16, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP240 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 02, 2008 | Canon Pixma MP450 All-In-One InkJet...
107 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: