Question about Televison & Video
I the same problem and I found that the Capacitors used on the power supply portion of the circuit board were leaking and/or bulging. These parts were failing and as a result the problem worsened with time. If you are able to remove and solder new parts on to the circuit board follow the following procedures. Or get a technician to do the repairs.
1) Make note of connections at back of TV.
2) Unplug power cord and other connectors from back of TV.
3) Remove back of TV with a Phillips (+) star shaped screw driver.
4) Note the position of all connections to the main board.
5) Remove circuit board taking care not to damage any of the components.
6) Locate parts CM806, 811, 812 & 817, all 1000 Samsung 40" LCD HDTV #LNS4041DX/X - a3a1093.jpgcitors.
7) Remove and replace parts with capacitors of equal physical size that are (1000 uf ). I would recommend a voltage rating of 25v or 32v. NoSamsung 40" LCD HDTV #LNS4041DX/X - 5d76107.jpg voltage refers to the amount of voltage the capacitor can handle. The higher theSamsung 40" LCD HDTV #LNS4041DX/X - f5f29a3.jpgpan>
8) Reinstall and reconnect the circuit board.
9) Replace back on TV and setup the unit as before and you’re done.
I replaced the parts for just under $10.00.
Posted on Apr 27, 2009
The problem is that the processor inside your tv has gone out/ you will need to get it replaced but until then you can unplug your tv every night and it will turn on correctly in the morning or whenever you decide to turn it on again. By unplugging the tv, it has time to restart itself instead of sitting in standby mode all night long. The problem may have been caused by a power surge or fluctuation or just by age. If it is a power surge problem i also suggest getting a surge protector so that this does not happen to the next tv you may get.
Posted on Feb 15, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 17, 2013 | Samsung LN40B500 40 40" HDTV LCD TV
Jan 10, 2013 | Samsung LN-T4061F 40 in. LCD HDTV
Sep 11, 2011 | Sony Grand WEGA KF50WE610 50" Rear...
Jan 25, 2011 | Samsung LN-S4041D 40 in. LCD HDTV
Nov 30, 2010 | Samsung LN-T4061F 40 in. LCD HDTV
Jul 21, 2010 | Samsung 40 in. Flat-Panel LCD HDTV
Dec 10, 2009 | Samsung LN-S4041D 40 in. LCD HDTV
Dec 01, 2009 | Samsung LN-S4041D 40 in. LCD HDTV
Feb 23, 2009 | Samsung LN-T4042H 40 in. LCD HDTV
Jun 03, 2008 | Samsung LN-S4041D 40 in. LCD HDTV
1,662 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: