Question about Televison & Video
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: I have a Samsung BD-C6900
I have sought to change mine to all regions, but have had no success, yet.
Here is a link with some info that might help.
Posted on Oct 06, 2010
SOURCE: I want to make my
heres how its supposedly done.
1. Ensure that there is no disk in the tray.
2. Switch the player off and then back on. This is necessary to clean-boot the firmware.
3. Wait until the main menu page appears and the player stops doing anything.
4. Press the eject button to open the tray. (The button is between the "Power" and "TV Power" buttons at the top of the controller.)
5. Press the eject button to close the tray.
6. Wait while the player searches for a disk.
7. As soon as the "No Disk" message appears at the top left corner do the following.
8. Press the REPEAT button - just above the TV channel selector at the bottom right of the controller.
9. Enter 5 7 5 3 8 on the number pad.
10. The region code "2" should appear at the top left corner of the screen.
11. Enter a "9" to make the player region free. (Enter a region code if you want to lock the player to another region for some obscure or perverse reason.)
12. Power down and power up again.
13. Play a foreign DVD to verify the change.
Now the tricky bits. This process is timing dependent.
Firstly, you must start entering the code just after the "No Disk" message is shown and before the message disappears. If you jump the gun or miss the boat it won't work.
Secondly, the REPEAT key is part of the code. All six keys must be entered smoothly as "REPEAT 5 7 5 3 8 ". The entry gets timed out so you can't stop in the middle and restart. Don't bash away like crazy, just do it smoothly and briskly.
If you don't see the "2" the first time, don't worry. Just repeat the process. It took me about a dozen tries before I got it to work.
region codes are as follows
1 - 2 9 3 3 4
2 - 5 7 5 3 8 --- since your player is locked to 2 you use this code.
3 - 5 6 7 3 2
4 - 7 6 8 8 4
5 - 5 3 8 1 4
6 - 2 4 4 6 2
Posted on Oct 25, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 21, 2015 | Samsung BD-H6500 3D Blu-ray player w.WiFi...
Dec 02, 2013 | Samsung BD-F5700 Blu-ray Player
Mar 18, 2013 | Samsung BD-E8300 3D Smart Blu-ray Disc...
Feb 15, 2013 | Samsung Blu-ray Player BD-E5300
Dec 11, 2012 | Samsung BD-E5300 Smart Blu-ray Player
Jun 04, 2012 | Samsung BD-E5900 - 3D Blu-ray disc player...
Jul 28, 2010 | Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray Player
Dec 30, 2009 | Televison & Video
Jun 27, 2008 | Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray Player
406 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!