I think the cause of the problem is that my speaker wire may have touched each other causing a short circuit.. (I put Speakon clips onto my speakers which were originaly just RED/BLACK).. This was working fine on Friday night (The night before).. I have taken out the old speakers (RED/BLACK ones) and just left in my 500w 15inch Loudspeaker (Pro Sound with Speakon) but the Temp light will not go off. It sais it will resume normal operation after 3-5 minutes but this doesn't happen!
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Temp light wont go off on my amp
Shorting a car amp's speaker connection while in operation tends to pop the lids off of the capacitors. If you are not afraid to uninstall the amp and open it up, look for popped caps and oil stains on the circuit board. If this is the case, find some place to repair it or repair it yourself.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
code p 0113 refers to intake air temp(IAT) sensor --circuit malfunction===causes --wiring open circuit/ shorted to positive --wiring short to ground--ground wire defective --IAT sensor--ECM
cpde p 0118 refers to engine coolant temp (ECT) sensor ----circuit malfunction--===causes -coolant thermostat--wiring open circuit / short to positive --wiring short to ground -- ground wire defective --ECT---ECM
One important note to be aware of Polarity. DC connections are Positive + and Negative -. RED/Black and/or White wires. Yellow is usually Video. Do not Reverse the polarity as this can cause mismatches and/or short circuits. Disconnect your attached wires and re-attach them correctly and firmly. Wires must be set into or onto the posts or connection points correctly by + or - and they may not touch one another. Check the Reset or Fuse on the amp and make certain you have full power.
If you fail to polarize correctly, you could damage the speakers moreso than the Amp.
Most overloads are caused by the main output devices. They will go short circuit if for example speaker wires have come into touch. Another cause is high volume or a faulty speaker. Or poor ventilation around the amp causing excess heat.
The only cure is to replace the device(s) generally located on the heat sink.
probably something corssed in your speaker wiring. be sure that you did not exceed the ohmage capabilities of the amp, and that no speaker wires are crossed, or shorting out on the frame. if you have too many speakers hooked up, that can reduce the ohmage, and your not supposed to go below 2 ohms -per channel, or 4 ohms bridged mono.
Check that both left and right channels work on A speakers. If they do, the amplifier is probably good and your problem may be outside the amplifier.
Try swapping the left and right speaker connections at the back of the amp to see if the problem changes from left to right. this would tell you if the problem is in the amp or out to the speakers.
Hope this helps
Fuses blow when there is an overload caused by a short circuit. If the speaker you connect up to the amp causes a short. There is either a shorted part in the speaker or the wires to it are touching at some point. Assuming you can sort out the speaker issue and connecting a good speaker with good wiring and it still causes a short and blows a fuse. Then it's likely the output device(s) in the right channel have developed a short themselves. Perhaps as a result of being connected to faulty wiring or speakers.
reset the unit. (use the reset button if it has one or remove all power to it) check the power to any amps you have hooked up and check for short circuited speaker wires (the - wire touching the + wire) all these things will cause you to have no sound.. if that dont work have the unit looked at at a audio shop it might need replaced
Ok this means the AMP is in protection mode!..most likely the cause is a short in your wireing from the speaker wires! check all wires going in and out of amp! Look for stray wires touching metal or other contacts! (If this does not fix it the short may be inside of amp!
(This has nothing to do with a fuse!)
Please rate this FREE response!