Question about Magic Chef 31000 Gas Kitchen Range
Everything works on this almond colored model, EXCEPT the oven if off about 50-70 degrees from the control knob. A parts supply person told me that the oven thermistate was obsolete and no longer available. However, I might be able to adjust the temperature in the owen by the adjustment screws located behind the Oven Knob. Do you know how I might go about this??????
Hi this is indicating a Defective touch pad or clock (ERC).
This simple test will help determine whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control board or Clock) or the touch pad is defective when F1 error code is present. Follow carefully, and with caution.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC (Clock).
Warning: Do not preform this test if you feel as if you are not qualified to do so. Contact your local service depot, if needed.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing.
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC.
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was.
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound).
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
Posted on Nov 17, 2009
ther is a temp sensor that goes from the control valve to the oven,this may be the problem, make sure sensor probe is tight where it screws into the gas valve and other end is not just hanging in the oven, it attaches to the top of oven,if it's where it's supose to be, I'd change that first
Posted on Jan 31, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 27, 2012 | Magic Chef MCD1311ST Microwave Oven
May 19, 2011 | Magic Chef Ovens
Feb 16, 2011 | Magic Chef 9112 Gas Double Oven
Dec 18, 2010 | Magic Chef Ovens
Feb 14, 2010 | Magic Chef CGR3725 Gas Kitchen Range
Jan 31, 2010 | Magic Chef CGR3725 Gas Kitchen Range
Jan 02, 2009 | KitchenAid KESC307 Electric Kitchen Range
Dec 12, 2008 | Magic Chef Ovens
189 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: