Question about Computers & Internet
Ive tried everything i can think of i have a working laptop connected to the router right now but when i unplug cable and plug it into my laptop it says connected but no internet access
Make sure that the network card gains an IP address from your router
, it should be configuerd for automatic IP then try this:
use ping command to check connectivity with router let us say the ip of your router is 192.168.1.1
the from command prompt use the command : ping 192.168.1.1
the router shoud reply , if so then make sure that configuration on your router is correct and no filtering roules enabled that puts your IP or MAC address in block mode.
Posted on Feb 08, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I am sorry to learn about the problems you are experiencing with your service.
I will be happy to reach out to my contacts to assist you in resolving this issue. Please feel free to contact me so that I can get more information from you.
Thanks in advance!
Comcast Executive Offices
Posted on Apr 10, 2008
SOURCE: Can Connect to internet via
1. Make sure your cable modem is connected to the Internet port of the router.
2. Your computer should connected to one of the 4 ports at the back of the router.
3. Check the lights that are lit. Make sure the you have power(steady green), Internet, WLAN and Ethernet port light.
4. Press and hold the reset button on the router for 15 seconds.
5. After 15 seconds, release the reset on the router and turn it off.
6. Turn the cable modem off, too.
7. Wait for a minute. Turn the modem ON first. Wait for the lights on the modem to be ready.
8. Turn on the router. Make sure you have good lights on the router.
9. Check for Internet connectivity.
Posted on Nov 08, 2008
SOURCE: no internet access
Posted on May 03, 2009
Most likey the issue is with the network adapter. As it does not work even with the modem and router the card seems to be faulty.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Sep 05, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 28, 2012 | Linksys WRT120N Router
Sep 05, 2017 | Belkin F5D72344 Wireless G Router 54Mbps...
Aug 01, 2009 | Nintendo Wii Console
Jun 08, 2009 | Cisco Catalyst 2908 (WS-C2908-XL)...
Dec 04, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jul 20, 2008 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Router
May 18, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Apr 22, 2008 | Acer D-Link 2.4GHz Wireless Router 802.11b...
36 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!