Question about Briggs & Stratton Garden
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tools you'll need include a box wrench set; hammer; pipe wrench; nut driver; screwdriver; flywheel puller; match book; the replacement parts.
1. Remove the engine cover and flywheel.
2. Remove the screen that covers the flywheel.
3. Remove the clutch assembly and the flywheel.
4. With the clutch off (if unit has one) you will see the flywheel key in the crankshaft. If the key is bent, you can just replace the key; the points/ condenser may be okay. It not, continue on:
5. Remove the flywheel. You can buy a "puller" for this. It is a block of metal that is inserted over the top of the crankshaft. You tap the "puller" with a hammer, which pops the flywheel off the crankshaft. Do not pry up on the flywheel; it is pot metal and will break.
6. Lift off the flywheel. Under it you will see a small metal covering. Unscrew the covering to expose the points and the condenser.
7. Remove the condenser clamp and condenser. Install the new condenser and lightly clamp it in place. Two tiny wires are slipped into a hole in the condenser; a spring holds the wires under tension. There is a plastic tool in the kit to hold back the spring tension while the wires are threaded into the hole.
8. Remove the moving point. As the slotless screw is removed the spring and point will lift off.
9. Install the new moving point. Fasten the spring to the arm of the point and the spring post. Then move the condenser forward so it touches the tip of the moving point. Turn the crankshaft via the blade until the moving point opens to its widest gap.
Posted on Aug 20, 2010
SOURCE: Where can I find the
Hi go onto the powerhouse site below, put in your mower details and you will see the plans for the deck.
Posted on Oct 24, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 03, 2015 | Garden
May 20, 2014 | Garden
May 17, 2014 | Mtd Garden
Oct 19, 2010 | Garden
Jul 20, 2009 | Garden
39 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: