My Compaq 2140 won't power on. The light showing it's plugged in is on, but nothing happens when I push the power button. Absolutely nothing.
Yes, I've taken the battery out, jiggled the cord, etc. (I'm not dumb.) I think it's the power pack. Any ideas? How much do you think it'll cost if I take it in for repairs?
I would first remove the battery and leave it unplugged and hold down the power button for 45 seconds. that does a system discharge of power. put the battery back in and try the power again. Write back if this does not resolve your issue.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Three blinks in a row is the LED code for a memory issue.
Turn the laptop over, remove the panel over the RAM, remove the DIMMs (it will likely have 2 in it), place one in at a time and try powering the system on.
One of the two is likely bad although it is possible (although very unlikely) that both are bad. It should boot up when the good DIMM is in place. Once you have identified the bad one, buy a replacement or possible choose to upgrade the total amount of RAM.
cq71 check tips:
please clean memory stick pins and slots first if not ok, check next
1) plug in adapter to check jack led lights on or not, if no lights on no switch on.
2) if the jack lights on, then to switch on laptop, will be showing the more lights on, you are hearing cpu fan running. if nothing appear or every thing running with dark screen, or hard to switch it off go next
3) pull out the wireless card then switch on again, see what happened, if ok change a new card, if not ok, it is motherboard hardware issue
i could be static build up . this is common. Try taking the battery out and unplug the power adapter. now with both removed press the power button on the laptop for approx 20 secs. then plug it in and see if it boots up.
Please first make sure that your adaptor is working.
Try to remove the battery and connect your laptop to the adaptor. Swith on. If nothing chages, then there is good chance that you have a motherboard related problem.
remove battery plug in power...see what happens ...nothing happens press and hold power button until you hear response(shut down)press power as usual to boot.if it doesnt work first time try a few times more remember to keep power button pressed to shut down.