Question about Lexmark X204n 4-in-1 Laser Printer
Printer will print, But will not scan. Gets communication error message when attempting to scan
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Driver could be corrupt.
Disconnect the printer or at least be sure it is turned off. I'd do both and reinstall the CD software program that came with the printer. When the software program asks you to connect the printer to the USB port, do so and it should again work properly.
Hope this helps. Bud
Posted on Jan 26, 2009
Fiend your solution direct from Lexmark. Here is your solution
Posted on Mar 02, 2009
You need to cancel all print jobs for a printer, you must have permission to manage documents on the printer.
1. Open printers by clicking the "Start" button , clicking "Control Panel," clicking "Hardware and Sound," and then clicking "Printers."
2. To open the print queue, double-click the printer you are using.
3. Click the "Printer" menu, and then click "Cancel All Documents." Depending on the printer, the item currently printing might finish, but the remaining items will be cancelled.
Next, you may have to change the communication format called the "Spool format."
Please follow the steps given below to change the spool data format:
1. Click on "Start," "Control Panel," "Hardware and Sound" and "Printers."
2. Then, right click on the Lexmark printer icon and left click "Properties."
3. Either on the "Advanced" tab or the "General" tab for some models, there is a "Print Processor" button, left click it.
4. This is the spool format setting. Under "Print processor" it should be set to "Lexmark 4800 series print processor." Next, under "Default datatype," select "NT EMF 1.008."
5. Click "OK" and exit back out to your desktop.
6. Please try printing again.
If this does not help the situation, please describe any differences it does make.
Posted on Apr 17, 2009
Did you upgrade the driver to a Win 7 driver?
If you did not, go to the Lexmark website www.lexmark.com Go to the driver download page and get the Win 7 driver for your printer.
Be very careful to follow the directions and completley remove the printer's software prior to installing the new driver.
Posted on Jan 22, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 06, 2014 | Lexmark X2600 InkJet Printer
Feb 16, 2011 | Lexmark P4350 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 11, 2011 | Lexmark X1270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 17, 2009 | Lexmark X4875 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 12, 2008 | Lexmark JetPrinter X1185 All-In-One InkJet
Sep 07, 2008 | Lexmark X73 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Aug 10, 2008 | Lexmark Optra Color 1200 Led Printer
227 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: