Replacing a rubber door seal on washer machine
1. Remove door (2 screws).
2. remove top (2 screws at back, sharp slap to front to dislodge).
3. Remove 2 screws holding powder dispenser to inlet valve.
4. Remove 2 screws at front corners securing fascia.
5. Remove fascia and powder dispenser as a unit - note plastic locating pegs on underside and plastic clips locating bottom onto front panel. Take care not to drop one of the rubber seals from valve/powder dispenser joint. Do not disconnect the wiring, just lay the complete assembly on top of the machine.
6. At some point, you will need to release the retaining wire securing the seal to the front panel. This is a thin spring loaded wire. Look after it, you will need it again.
7. Remove two screws at front securing front panel.
8. Remove kick panel - this allows access to two more screws securing bottom of front panel - take these out as well.
9. unclip the wire connector to the door switch.
The front panel may now be lifted from its plastic retainers.
10. The second wire clip can now be removed. The clever clip will need to be released to allow refitting.
11. Thoroughly clean and disinfect the seating for the new seal - you don't want the same gunk growing into the new one straight away.
12. On the drum, you will notice a protruding moulding at about 5 o'clock. There is a matching flange on the seal to help you locate it accurately - start here and fit the seal.
13. Fit the wire retainer - you will need a good pair of long-nose pliers to retension the wire.
14. Reassemble the machine in the reverse order - take care not to mix up the screws! remember to fit the seal to the front panel before refitting the door. Do not release the spring from the wire, carefully stretch it into place.
Aug 27, 2008 |
Ariston Technologies AWD120 13 lb. Washer...