Question about Kitchen Appliances - Others

1 Answer


Former owner removed the switch. need to know what type of switch is needed and how to wire it.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 414 Answers

If you are in the UK and you are talking about a wall switch, you would need a 20 amp double pole switch possibly with a flex outlet hole (for a heater up to 3kW rating) wiring should be straightforward Live IN/OUT, Neutral IN/OUT, Ground IN/OUT. NB Make sure the power is off before starting work.

If it is a bespoke heater mounted switch refer to the original supplier/manufacturer if possible.

Posted on Oct 22, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Our Lennox Conservator G8E furnace goes through several ON-OFF cycles (we counted up to 10 clicks) before it stabilizes and stays ON. Once it's ON it works fine. - Any suggestions?

If its a gas furnace it could be the heat sensor on the pilot flame unit. When the sensor is failing it stops telling the control that the pilot is lit properly and the furnace goes thru another start up sequence.
You can try to scrape any flash and dirt off of the heat sensor rod to clean it or remove it and clean or replace the sensor or the pilot assembly. There are plenty or furnace parts on Amazon. The next most likely thing is the relay board is ready to fail that part is ~$80 but you need to get the part number right and be experienced with wiring.
WARNING-DANGER B4 you do anything to your furnace Turn Off The POWER first! If there is no plug or switch near by, shut of the circuit breaker! If you don't know what any of this means then you are likely not a good choice to mess with this device
Be Safe :)

Nov 09, 2013 | Kitchen Appliances - Others

1 Answer

I removed an old fan/light combo from my bathroom and put a new one in. The wiring comes off two switches wired together (3 wires total) and I need to know how to wire to the new fan/light combo. There is...

Hook the black wire from one switch to the fan and the black wire from the other to the light. Then hook all of the white wires together.
This will get you working like you want it too.


Feb 23, 2010 | Kitchen Appliances - Others

1 Answer

Twin Star electric fireplace fan (maybe heater) doesn't work!

I have a twin star electric fireplace insert model #28efo24grs that is missing a remote any suggestions >>>>917-747-4893

Dec 13, 2009 | Kitchen Appliances - Others

1 Answer

I am trying to put remote call switch for a dumb waiter motor instead of just a pull rope. how would I hook up the wiring for those?

Do you acess To electrial ware house ? You could also use 3 way switch but don't know your motor type to be able to help. What frame is the motor on and will you have it call from both sides? What class is the motor and is it straight 110? And is it operated in a Non class 2 zone? Water vapor or dust?

Aug 28, 2009 | Kitchen Appliances - Others

1 Answer

No heat, same as you.

Unfortunately, there are so many things, that are
'Designed to fail'.
I know this is not a solution, but if you bear in mind that, sometimes, you do get what you pay for.
Just make sure that, if whatever it is, is, under guarantee, be firm, and insist that they give you the service, you have payed for.
Good luck with that.

Jul 23, 2009 | Kitchen Appliances - Others

1 Answer

I want to change a two prong outlet to a three prong.

Depending on the age of the house and its location, wiring codes can vary widely. Many older homes used a product called "Romex", which is essentially a cable with two wires in it that gets stapled to the studs and joists of a house as it is routed through the structure. This is still allowed in many parts of the country (USA).

Again, depending on the age and location, some homes have "conduit", which is a metallic piping into which the house wiring is installed. This is typical of newer homes, but not always required depending on the part of the country in which the house resides.

The issue you may face if you change the receptacles from a two prong to a three prong type is that the old insulation may crack or even crumble in your hands when you remove the old two prong receptacles. Also, these system were not always grounded very well and could pose a risk. Some equipment without a third wire that serves as a ground will not function properly and can be risky to use if it has a metal case or housing.

Take a look at the main electric service panel in the house and read the labeling on the panel. It's possible that this older home only has 60 amp service instead of the standard 100 amp. In today's world where many if not most things use electricity, 60 amp service may not meet your needs.

If you are not familiar or comfortable with this type of work, you may want to consider having a licensed electrician assess the home and make recommendations.

Mar 27, 2009 | Kitchen Appliances - Others

1 Answer

Plug sockets only failing

The age of the electric wiring could be an issue. I suspect a bad or loose connection at the recepticals. If appliance plug- in results in a loose connection,( IE: Plug falls out ). Replace the duplex recepticals as needed. Also check wiring connections to be sure they are tight.

Nov 26, 2008 | Kitchen Appliances - Others

1 Answer

Swith wont work with charmglow fireplace

Your most likely using the wrong switch. Try the link above for the correct switch. Its a single pole 15A 125V rated switch. There are 3 terminals, the third is for the light in the switch and is a neutral wire for the indicator light only. The wires must be correctly on the terminals or else you'll create a dead short! On the link above your looking for the replacement of the ZE-215.

Nov 13, 2008 | Kitchen Appliances - Others

1 Answer

Have European Swarovski chandelier wblack/brown pair wire, green and blue separate wires, need to install in USA

This will probably take a meter, first prove the green is ground with an ohm meter from the green lead to the frame or case, if so, we know what to do with that.

next, I need ohm readings between the remaining three leads with NO POWER and switch on.

For example between black to brown 10 ohms, from blue to black 5. from blue to brown 5 ohms, whatever it is, or if they have no connection at all.

From there we have a good start.


Nov 01, 2008 | Kitchen Appliances - Others

2 Answers

Replace light bulb in a Charmglow electric fireplace

you have to remove the doors and then the lower ember cover, he lighs are underneath.... i am looking on how o make he flame move, it froze and won look like real fire anymore

Oct 21, 2008 | Kitchen Appliances - Others

Not finding what you are looking for?
Kitchen Appliances - Others Logo

Related Topics:

295 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Kitchen Appliances - Others Experts


Level 3 Expert

98775 Answers


Level 3 Expert

63586 Answers

Irene Tulloch

Level 2 Expert

449 Answers

Are you a Kitchen Appliances - Other Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides