Question about Compex Routers
I am trying to connect to programs like emule, and it says that the firewall is on. I am turning the Norton's firewall off, but still get the same result. I understand that it may be the router's firewall... How do I turn that off?
My router is Compex Netpassage 18A.
Thanks a lot!
1. Insert the Product CD into your CD-ROM drive. The CD will run automatically.
From the Utilities section, select to install the uConfig utility to your hard disk.
2. When the utility has been installed, double-click on the uConfig icon. The
following screen will appear, click on the Yes button to proceed.
3. Select the router from the products list and click on the Open Web button. To
retrieve and display the latest device(s) in the list, click on the Refresh button.
4. Do not exit the uConfig program while accessing to the web-based interface.
This will disconnect you from the device. Click on the OK button to proceed.
5. At the login page, press the LOGIN! button to enter the configuration page. The
default password is “password”.
6. For the first time login, you will be prompted to select your time zone setting first
before accessing the router’s main web page. Take note that during the next
and subsequent logins, you will not see the System Time Setting page again.
7. You will then reach the web page of your router’s web-based interface.
8. Under the SECURITY CONFIGURATION command menu, click on Firewall
Posted on Oct 22, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Open Windows Firewall by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Security, and then clicking Windows Firewall.
Click Turn Windows Firewall on or off. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Click Off (not recommended), and then click OK
Make certain that your Norton Firewall is on before you turn off windows firewall (or shortly after) Turning off Windows Firewall might make your computer (and your network, if you have one) more vulnerable to damage from worms or hackers.
Hope this helps!
Sep 24, 2011 | Routers
Feb 21, 2009 | Acer D-Link 2.4GHz Wireless Router 802.11b...
Feb 17, 2009 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Nov 28, 2008 | Xincom XC-DPG602 Router (XCDPG602)
Nov 01, 2008 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
Oct 08, 2008 | Belkin (F5D8231-4) Wireless Router...
Oct 06, 2007 | D-Link DI-707P Router (DSDLDI707P)
Jan 20, 2007 | Belkin F5D7230-4 Kit (F5D7230V4SNPDQ)
Feb 16, 2006 | D-Link DI-707P Router (DSDLDI707P)
354 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: