My wega trinitron tv stopped switching on. It does the sound of switching on then stops and the stanby red lights binks 10 times then stops then does it again then blinks again. What can I do they ask me $ 200 just to come and have a look at it.
You should contact an authorised Sony repairer as they have a fix which took abot half an hour to solder in a replacement part which had been damaged by over-heating. Ours was fixed under extended warranty.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Please provide more info.
1. Does the TV stay on, if so,
2. Is the LED flashing, how many times stop same number of times again
3. If TV goes to stanby, count the flashing LED.
4. If LED comes on goes off , at firsdt switch on. does it make a thumping noise.
For the last week my TV has been going to a black screen for 10 seconds or so then the picture returns. It has been continual. Last night it stopped going to black screen, but now the standby light flashes 5 consecutive times and the color went haywire. A lot of red and everything that is suppose to be black is green.
I did a soft and hard reset with no success. What's wrong and is it worth fixing? Bought new in November 2002.
This unit shouldb e flashing a repeated count on the standby light. That count will indicate the circuit in which a problem was detected causig the shutdown. Please post that count and we should be able to provide details on the repair.