- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
After entering the mailbox access F981, press "#", the display should change from Pswd: to Log:. Now, enter the alternate mailbox number followed by the password for that box and "#". The remainder of the prompts should be the same as accessing the 'native' mailbox.
You have the headset feature active on your phone. You more than likely dialed the headset code inadvertently, there are two ways to turn this feature off. 1) If you have a headset key programed on a key on your phone turn it off. 2) Dial the headset off code, you can obtain this from your local admin.
Sorry I didn't have quick fix for you.
There are a number of reasons why this could happen.
1) The most common is you have call forwarding always. When you lift your handset do you hear stutter dial tone? if you do you have a feature active on your phone. To correct this you will need to turn the call forwarding feature off You will have to get the code from your system administrator or go through your superkey (the Blue Key) using the # until you find the call forwarding options and review and turn it off (Change).
2) It's possible you have Do not Disturb active.
3) its also possible you have Make busy active
2 and 3 can be removed by the clear all feature code but 1 must be cleared using the method I described. Get these codes from the system admin.
You have a feature active on your phone it's more than likely a call forward feature which would redirect you calls. The broken dial tone or stutter dial tone is an indicator a feature is active. Contact you system admin for the clear all feature code and the clear all call forwarding codes.
Generally, you dial feature 981 to get in, then extension number and password. If you have no new messages it will say that, then give you the option to review old messages. To delete a message you press 76. If that doesn't work, login to your mailbox, press 8* then 6 to get to "go to message" then press the message number and #. If you have an on-site administrator, they can delete your mailbox as well, otherwise you will have to call your tech help service and have them erase it remotely.
OK, from your set;
-> dial FEATURE 9 8 1 (this is the code to get you to the voicemail)
-> then your passcode, if you never set up the voicemail, the temporary password is 0 0 0 0 (four - zero's).
-> if this is a new installed voicemail, the telephone system will tell you al that you need to initiate the voicemail box.