I cannot fax with my Lexmark 2500 after installing Windows 7
If Cannot send or receive Fax :
1) Check the control panel for any blinking lights. If the lights are blinking then
The color print cartridge needs to be replaced soon.
2) Check power.
a) Disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet, thenfrom the printer.
b) plug the cord all the way into the power supply on the printer.
c) Plug the cord into an eletrical outlet that other electrical devices have been using.
3) Check Cable connections Make sure cable connections for the following hardware are secure, if applicable
* Power supply
4) Verify dial tone.
* Place a test call to the telephone number to which you want to send a fax to make sure that it is working correctly.
*IF the telephne line is being used by another device, wait until the other device is finished before sending the fax.
5) Check for paper jams. Check for and clear any paper jams.
6) Disable Call Waiting Temporily. Call waiting can disrupt fax transmissions. Disable this feature before sending or receiving a fax. Call your telephone company to obtain the keypad sequence for temporarily disabling the call waiting.
Can send but not receive faxes
1) Load paper. Load paper to print any faxes that have been stored in the computer.
2) Check ink. Check the ink levels, and install a new cartrige of necessary.
Can receive nut not send faxes
Check document placement. Load the original document facedown in the lower right corner of the scanner glass.
Hope this help. Please Rate My Response!
Nov 23, 2009 |
Lexmark Wheelwriter 2500 Typewriter