Hello all, my HP can not connect to internet. I have pre installed when i purchased it, wireless and enternet. So maybe about a month or 2 ago. I keep getting page can not be displayed. I wireless app on laptop shows a strong signal ethernet is connected through routor (desktop works fine) laptop page can not be displayed. So can someone please give me a route to get this fixed. Thanks in advance.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try installing the latest audio and LAN drivers. You can download the audio, LAN and device drivers from the Compaq/HP WEBsupport/download page. Make sure you select your model laptop and the Windowsdrivers you require and install them. Click on this link to download thedrivers: - http://welcome.hp.com/country/au/en/cs/support.html
The cost of the notebook depends on the config you ask for. Getting notebook from HP website thorugh online reduces some cost. When you go for dealer can cost high. Anyway HP notebook dv6 is around 55 to 65
If you have a whitelist on your wireless router in your home, make sure that you are allowed on the list. What is happening is that you are correctly connecting to your wireless network, but your router is not allowing you to access the internet. The problem lies in your router, hopefully that should help.
Click on start> Control panel> network and internet connection> from left pane click on view network connection after that right click on the wireless adopter icon and select enable.
this will resolve the issue if it is not helpful
try to check wireless driver from
1) Go to Start, right click My Computer and then click on Properties.
2) System Properties window will appear. Go to Hardware tab and click Device Manager.
3) Device Manager window will appear, and you can check all hardware drivers' status here. Scroll down and look for Network adapters and expand it, then right click the wireless adapter you want to check and click Properties.
is your wireless card installed check in the installed devices section and see under network controllers if there is a wireless if not you'll need to run windows update via a lan and get the drivers if not find the support page for your laptop and download the drivers for the Wireless LAN card.