Question about PC Desktops
Start your computer and keep pressing f8 key ,then you will get "Windowsg Advanced Options Menu " screen,Choose "safe mode" now you willl see some black n white lines coming up after which your system will start.Now when the login screen comes choose "Administrator" as the login name and you will come to desktop ,Now click on start > then "Run" type user "userpasswords2" wihtout quotes ,Now you willl get the User accounts where you can reset the password...
D I L I P
Posted on Oct 22, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 26, 2015 | PC Desktops
Dec 28, 2010 | PC Desktops
Oct 16, 2010 | PC Desktops
This issue might occur permissions are not set properly for the C Drive.
Make sure that you are logged in as Administrator.
To take ownership of C Drive, follow these steps:
1. Right-click the C Drive and then click Properties.
2. Click the Security tab.
3. Click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.
4. In the Name list, click your user name, or click Administrator if you are logged in as Administrator, or click the Administrators group.
5. Click on Edit and then put a check mark against "Replace all existing inheritable permissions on all descendants with inheritable permissions from this object".
6. Click OK, and then click Yes when you receive the following message:
This will replace explicitly defined permissions on all descendants of this object with inheritable permissions from C-Drive (C:).
Do you wish to continue?
7. Once the permissions are replaced, click on Ok.
8. Check if you are able to copy, paste or delete any documents now.
If the above steps fail then you may also want to disable UAC and check if that helps.
1. Click Start, type msconfig in the start search box, and then press Enter.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
2. Click the Tools tab.
3. Click Disable UAC and then click Launch.
4. A command window appears, and shortly thereafter, a notification bubble appears informing you that UAC is disabled.
5. Click Ok and restart your computer to apply the change.
Please let me know if it helps.
Oct 02, 2010 | PC Desktops
Jul 01, 2010 | E-Machines T1742 PC Desktop
May 19, 2010 | HP PC Desktops
Mar 13, 2010 | Dell Dimension 5150 Intel Pentium 4 w/HT...
Sep 24, 2009 | PC Desktops
May 31, 2009 | Compaq Presario S6000CL (DT072A) PC...
May 19, 2009 | PC Desktops
53 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!