Question about HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet Printer
At least once every couple of days, I have to reinstall the printer because it keeps "disappearing" as a printer option. The HP website is no help. Just got an error message for the first time. Said that "HP was aware of the problem" and gave me an option to click for more info. I did and it took me to HP website, but not to any additional information. Suggestions?
Contact HP for Care at 1-800-585-2494
Posted on Dec 15, 2016
If that is a software driver problem, you have to get the latest driver from hp website.
You can also uninstall the printer yourself and do a clean reinstallation of the printer.
Posted on Oct 22, 2008
I have a laptop with Vista 32bit and an HP 2700 photosmart that is wireless and the printer disappears. I put the install disk and let it find the printer on my network. This is a Vista problem because I have two other computer with XP on them and no problems at all.
Posted on Jan 05, 2010
I just found this solution on another forum. Not sure if it is a permanent fix, but it's a quick fix and sure beats having to uninstall and reinstall printer. Since I am connected by wireless, I followed the directions and when it said it couldn't locate my printer I entered the IP address for printer and it magically appeared again and is working.
I have copied and pasted the info I found. Good Luck!
Here's the fix:
1. In Control Panel, Printers, delete offline printers. If they wont
delete, it may be because there are pending print jobs in the queue. Open the
printer and Cancel the jobs.
2. In Printer properties, Ports tab, delete the previoulsy installed
printers (offline statuts) that appear as Client Side Rendering Provider
under the Description column. To do this, highlight the port, then click on
Delete Port button. Click Apply.
3. Restart your PC.
4. Now reinstall the printers as follows:
5. Open Control panel, Printers, and click Add a printer.
6. Click Add a local printer.
7. Select the "Use an existing port" radio button, and select LPT1: (Printer
Port). Click Next.
8. Install the printer driver. Mine were found in the list inlcuded with
Vista. Select the manufacturer and the printer. Click Next.
9. In the next window, accept the printer name or type in a new name. Leave
the "Set as default printer" box unchecked. Click Next.
10. Vista should now install the printer. A window should open saying
"You've successfully added printer name.
11. DO NOT Print a test page at this time, because nothing is connected to
the LPT1 port on the laptop. Just press Finish. The printer you just added
should appear in the Printers window.
12. Click ONCE on the newly added printer to highlight it, then right-click
and open Properties.
13. On the Ports tab, click Add Portâ€¦, select Local Port, then click New Portâ€¦
14. When the Port Name window open, Enter a port name as follows:
(replace computername with the name of your PC acting as print server, and
printername with the name of your printer). Click OK.
15. You should now have a new port listed on the Ports tab of the printer
Properties, but now the Description should be Local Port, instead of Client
Side Rendering Provider. Click OK.
16. Now you can go to the General tab, and Print a Test Page.
Hopefully, your test page will print. Then restart your computer to check
that the printer comes back online.
This procedure worked for me. Hope it works for you too. Good luck!
Posted on Jan 08, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 11, 2011 | Xerox Phaser 6180N Laser Printer
Nov 08, 2010 | HP Photosmart C7280 Printer
Oct 21, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6280 Printer
Jul 21, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 18, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
May 30, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 06, 2009 | HP Photosmart 3310 Printer
Mar 13, 2009 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 23, 2009 | HP Deskjet F4140 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 28, 2016 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
8,651 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: