When I turn on the monitor, it flashes white for a split second then turns off making a popping sound in the speakers. The computer is plugged in and it has power. Could I do anything to help my poor monitor?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Make sure it is plugged into the right connector on the back of the pc. If you have intergrated video and a later installed video card make sure it is plugged into the right one. Does the monitor say "no signal"? Have you tried a different monitor to verify that the connection works. Also try a different cable, as the cable could be bad.
First of all, check if your audio cable are still plugged into the monitor and pc output (light green) audio jack. If not just plugged it back in... Still still got no sound... Then turned off the monitor and pc. Unplugged all the cables from the monitor and pc, wait for 10 second till all the surged built up are cleared out. Then you can plugged all the cables back Monitor should have 3 cables, a audio cable, a VGA or DVI cables, and a power cord... OK! now you got all the cables plugged back in...
Turned on the monitor and PC....and a few seconds....you should hear window started. Still... had a problems....just get a external speakers. Have nice day!
1. Check make sure the audio cable are plugged in from the monitor to the PC output audio jack (light green).
2. Open your on screen display and go to Volume settings. See if it set on mute or set to 0.
3. Turn of your monitor & PC and unplugged all the cables from your monitor and PC wait for 10 seconds and then replugged it all the cables and audio cable back. Then turned on you PC...
4. If it still doesn't work.. open the back cover see if the speaker cable are plugged in.
5. If that doesn't work...then your monitor AD board built-in speakers are defective.
6. Why not just used a external speakers, it give better sound quality.
Have a nice weekend!
Sounds like you have a bad connection from your monitor to your computer. First check and make sure the connection between them is tight. Does your computer boot up and run though? If your computer is not booting up the monitor will default back to the flashing green power light
How old is the computer? Make sure that the power light comes onto the monitor when you plug it in, should be orange and then turn green when video card syncs with it when PC is turned on. If you are getting black screen when PC is powered on:
1. Bad video card
2. Bad video cable
3. Bad monitor
1Solution: Try using a different monitor attached to this same PC and see if it works. If it does, then its the monitor, its cable, or its power supply. If it doesn't work, then its the video card or the video cable coming from monitor.
Unplug the cable from your PC, if the monitor shows a test image, the monitor is fine and the problem is with your graphic card.
If you dont see nothing on-screen after unpluging the cable from the PC, then the monitor in damaged. Send it to repair.
while the monitor is still powered on, but with the LED flashing, unplug the monitor from the PC. press the power button, and the monitor should go off, now plug the pc back into the monitor. Turn the monitor back on and it should work.
Occasionally this will not work for me, but if I repeat it it normally works
Hope this helps - my problem is intermitant so it may be different to what u guys have