Question about E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
After the E comes up alot of letters comes across the screen. then messages says disk boot failure.
Check if you have floppy disk or cd-rom disk inserted, the bios may have look for the operating systems on this drive. If there's a disk on this drive, remove them and try to reboot your computer.
Make sure your bios defaults to the disk which has the master boot record. usually it's in C drive.
Let me know.
Posted on Oct 22, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
bootable USB guide, here we assume that you are using either Vista or Windows 7 to create a bootable USB.
1. Insert your USB (4GB+ preferable) stick to the system and backup all the data from the USB as we are going to format the USB to make it as bootable.
2. Open elevated Command Prompt. To do this, type in CMD in Start menu search field and hit Ctrl + Shift + Enter. Alternatively, navigate to Start > All programs >Accessories > right click on Command Prompt and select run as administrator.
3. When the Command Prompt opens, enter the following command:
DISKPART and hit enter.
LIST DISK and hit enter.
Once you enter the LIST DISK command, it will show the disk number of your USB drive. In the below image my USB drive disk no is Disk 1.
4. In this step you need to enter all the below commands one by one and hit enter. As these commands are self explanatory, you can easily guess what these commands do.
SELECT DISK 1 (Replace DISK 1 with your disk number)
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
SELECT PARTITION 1
(Format process may take few seconds)
Don't close the command prompt as we need to execute one more command at the next step. Just minimize it.
5. Insert your Windows DVD in the optical drive and note down the drive letter of the optical drive and USB media. Here I use "D" as my optical (DVD) drive letter and "H" as my USB drive letter.
6. Go back to command prompt and execute the following commands:
D:CD BOOT and hit enter. Where "D" is your DVD drive letter.
CD BOOT and hit enter to see the below message.
(Where "H" is your USB drive letter)
7. Copy Windows DVD contents to USB.
You are done with your bootable USB. You can now use this bootable USB as bootable DVD on any computer that comes with USB boot feature (most of the current motherboards support this feature).
Note that this bootable USB guide will not work if you are trying to make a bootable USB on XP computer.
boot from a usb drive
hope it helps
May 19, 2012 | Dell Dimension 2400 Desktop Computers
You will need a operating
system disk or a repair disk to fix it. Insert it in the drive then boot
from it. You want to get to a dos command prompt (black screen with white
lettering) and type the following commands. Press ENTER after each
Reboot and see if the problem is solved. If not get back to the dos command prompt and run the check disk utility.
run the check disk utility you will need a repair disc or a operating system
disc. Put the disc in the cd drive and boot from it. You want to
get to the Dos Command Prompt (Black screen with white letters) and type the
following command: chkdsk /r
Check disk will run well over an hour or two and you will notice the percentages going from high to low, this is normal. Let it run to completion. Then reboot machine.
If check disk fails to solve your problem you might have to reinstall windows. Try doing a Repair Install that way you don't loose your data, documents, music, pictures, videos or programs.
In windows xp you get to the dos command prompt by selecting R for repair when the options appear.
In Vista and Windows 7 you want to get to the recovery console and look down at the bottom of the window for the Dos Command.
May 11, 2012 | Compaq Computers & Internet
May 02, 2012 | HP Computers & Internet
Aug 01, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 15, 2011 | HP Computers & Internet
Jan 29, 2011 | Microsoft Computers & Internet
Dec 28, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite P205D-S8804 Laptop
Apr 05, 2010 | Acer Aspire 3680 Laptop
208 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!