Question about Garmin iQue 3600 GPS Receiver
Backlight on GPS not working. Brightness level all the way up, but still nothing. If I hold the GPS at an angle I can see the maps etc. but I can't do this while driving. HELP!
SOURCE: Garmin Nuvi 200 Maps Disappeared
Hope this helps!
I wanted to add maps to my 250W. I found the maps I wanted on a Torrent. However, many searches around various forums never revealed how to install these. Found the following through reading and experimentation.
1. Downoaded map image file GMAPSUPP.IMG. Download also gave me "Use code XXX when generating unlock code for maps"
2. Downloaded Garmin Unlock Generator 1.3 by JetMouse
3. Looked on my GPS to find the UnitID
4. Entered the UnitID into Garmin Unlock Generator. Ignore the GM XT device unlock code and the top Generate button.
5. Selected Map Product as Custom and entered the code given for the downloaded image file.
6. Hit the bottom create button to generate a 25 digit code.
7. Download Img2Gps and run
8. Click Load Folder to load the image file. Select the tick next to it.
9. Check the Use Unlock Key option and paste the 25 digit code in.
10. Load a blank SD card into your Garmin
11. Connect the Garmin to your PC using a USB cable. You should see two dirves in windows: one is the Garmin and the other is the "Removable Disk" SD card.
12. Create a folder called "Garmin" on the SD card
13. Select Folder/Card in Img2GPS
14. Click "Copy Maps". Select the folder /Garmin on the SD card. You may need to click copy again.
15. Upload will take a while.
16. You should now see a file GMAPSUPP.IMG on the SD card in the /Garmin directory.
17. Create a new text file called GMAPSUPP.UNL in the same directory (make sure it does not have a hidden .txt extension).
18 copy the 25 digit unlock key into this file.
19. Close the file.
20. Disconnect the Garmin.
21. On Startup it should load your original maps and the new ones.
Posted on Jun 02, 2009
Asmany as there are FREE dinners Updates are not free, unless you paid full price for it when you bought it. Free upgrades are a deceptive myth. If you get a free uograde its usually minor and was included in the price of the pack.
Posted on Sep 20, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 12, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 350 GPS Receiver
Dec 04, 2009 | Garmin Nuvi 350 Car GPS Receiver
Jul 28, 2009 | Garmin Nuvi 350 Car GPS Receiver
May 16, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 350 GPS Receiver
Jan 07, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 350 GPS Receiver
145 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!