Question about Car Audio & Video Accessories
I called dealer and they charge $60 and some people say that doesn't always work. I saw the label in the trunk but it has many numbers. I'm not sure which one it is. Could you give more information
You must retrieve the code that comes with the Audi's radio unit. To change to safe mode:
Posted on Jan 28, 2010
Dealer only. If you go to an Audi Service department with the car, they can get the code for you. They generally charge for this service as well. Hope this helps
Posted on Jun 09, 2010
Normally a dealer provides them for free.Are you outside of the USA?Perhaps try another dealer first in another city.If they do not help,here is a link to a site that is much cheaper than $115.If you want to find other ones to compare pricing just google 'factory radio unlock codes'.Many sites will appear.Also,be sure to write it down and the procedure.When you disconnect the battery it will happen and your battery could be disconnected for many other problems than just battery/alternator work.Good luck! Greg
Having the VIN was definitely a good choice too.
Posted on Sep 29, 2010
You can find the radio code at: http://www.radio-code.co.uk/
The sequence of programming for 2000 Audi A4 radio is:
1. Push simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys until on the screen will appear "1000" displayed.
2. Release keys. No more push on "SCAN" and "RDS" keys because otherwise number "1000" will be considered as first safe code attempt.
For example: we have the security code "5079". Then:
3. By the no.# 1 key you will set up the first safe code digit. Push 5 times on the no.# 1 button. The "5" number will be setted.
4. By the no.# 2 key you will set up the second safe code digit. Push 10 times on the no.# 2 button. The "0" number will be setted.
5. By the no.# 3 key you will set up the third safe code digit. Push 7 times on the no.# 3 button. The "7" number will be setted.
6. By the no.# 4 key you will set up the four-th safe code digit. Push 9 times on the no.# 4 button. The "9" number will be setted.
7. Then push again simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys for confirm this safe code. On the screen will be displayed "SAFE" notice. Release keys! For few seconds a radio frequence will be displayed. The radio is now ready for use!
Please do rate my response. Thanks!
Posted on Mar 08, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 02, 2011 | Car Audio & Video Accessories
Mar 20, 2011 | Volkswagen Car Audio & Video Accessories
Mar 14, 2011 | Car Audio & Video Accessories
Mar 09, 2011 | Car Audio & Video Accessories
Mar 08, 2011 | Car Audio & Video Accessories
Sep 29, 2010 | Audi Car Audio & Video Accessories
Jun 09, 2010 | Car Audio & Video Accessories
Jan 17, 2010 | Volkswagen PAC C2R-VW Radio Replacement...
Sep 12, 2009 | Car Audio & Video Accessories
Dec 01, 2016 | Jensen VX7020 6 2 Inch MultiMedia...
73 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!