Question about Computers & Internet
For no Apparent reason my computer is getting random windows BSOD's for no reason! it just stops saying stop 000x000000007f (i think, it's too fast.) I have no idea what i have done recently except install Vista SP1 but i dont think thats it! Help please!
I did some research on your error
and if its the 0x0000007f u say it is then this is why is BSOD-ing
- Your computer has hardware or software problems (hardware failure is the most common cause).
- You try to over clock the speed of your computer's processor (for example, you set a 150 MhZ
processor to run at 187 MhZ).
The above STOP error means a trap occurred in kernel mode and the trap is either one the kernel is not allowed to have or is always fatal. The most common causes of a STOP 0x7F are:
- Low-level hardware corruption, such as corrupt memory (RAM)
- Mismatched memory modules
- A malfunctioning motherboard
- If either software or hardware can cause a particular trap, a debug is required to determine which is the cause. If you suspect a hardware problem, try the following hardware troubleshooting steps:
1. Test the RAM in the computer by running the diagnostic software that is provided by the computer manufacturer. Replace any RAM that is reported as bad. Also, make sure that all the RAM in the computer is the same speed.
2. Try removing or swapping out controllers, cards, or other peripherals.
3. Try a different motherboard on the computer.
- If you are over clocking the speed of your processor, set it back to the speed at which it is designed to run.
- Check with the hardware vendor for any updated hardware drivers or BIOS updates, or both.
Posted on Oct 21, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 08, 2010 | Dell Dimension 3100 PC Desktop
Sep 11, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Aug 17, 2010 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Jun 06, 2010 | Dell Dimension E520 PC Desktop
Mar 13, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Feb 13, 2010 | Dell DimensionTM E520 PC Desktop
Jan 03, 2010 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Apr 30, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Apr 22, 2009 | Sony Computers & Internet
Nov 18, 2008 | Dell Dimension 5100 (D51L1) PC Desktop
216 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!