Question about Arris WR850G Router (DHWR850G)
1) Are you sure you're connecting to YOUR wireless network? From my own house, I can access 5 different wi-fi networks, 3 of them unsecured. I've even logged into two of them, unintentionally.
2) Check all of your cabling connections that they are tight and
secured. This includes the cables from the wall to your modem,
between the router and modem, and from the router
to your PC. Ensure that your LEDs are not lit Red or not at all.
3) Ensure that you are using Ethernet cables and not telephone
cables between the router and PC. Ethernet
cables use a wider RJ-45 style plug using 8 wires where
telephone style plugs use the smaller RJ-11 style plug using 4 to
4) Ensure that your Ethernet adapter is enabled. Check the System
Tray at the bottom right of your display to see an icon that looks
like a monitor. You can click on this to see the status of
your Ethernet adapter. Also in Control Panel > Network and
Dial-Up Connections, you can examine the state of your Ethernet
5) Firewalls. Your desktop firewall(s) may be blocking your internet access. Check them.
6) You may not be completely blocked (only web traffic - port 80 - blocked). Go to Start > Run and type CMD. At the DOS prompt, type ping 192.168.1.1 (should be the default IP address of your router). If you get a response, your PC is talking to the router. If you get "timed out", then they are not talking, for some reason. If successful, try pinging an external address, something like ping www.fixya.com, and see what happens.
Posted on Nov 10, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 28, 2012 | Arris WR850G Router (DHWR850G)
Feb 17, 2011 | Arris WR850GP Router
Apr 05, 2010 | Arris Wireless G Broadband Router (wr850g)
Dec 11, 2009 | Arris Wireless G Broadband Router (wr850g)
Dec 07, 2009 | Arris Wireless G Broadband Router (wr850g)
Nov 05, 2008 | Arris Wireless G Broadband Router (wr850g)
Aug 14, 2008 | Arris Wireless G Broadband Router (wr850g)
Feb 05, 2008 | Arris WR850G Router (DHWR850G)
Dec 28, 2007 | Arris Wireless G Broadband Router (wr850g)
198 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!