Question about Garden
My shallow well pump seems to be leaking around the seal plate. I had a poor connection at the outlet and it leaked. I fixed that and it started to build pressure from the hot water heater. It took awhile but I finally put in a back flow prevent valve and new seals in the pump.It stills leaks, I though at first it might be coming from around the shaft. I did a few things and it didn't help, instead I think it might be leaking around the seal plate. I but the old O-ring on the seal plate because it was a tad bigger and it might have slowed drip a little. I have been getting about 5 gal. a day from the drip.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Leaks water out of the back
Well, I am no plumber but I would think that 108 psi is a bit high for your plumbing system. I have this pump installed in my house and have the max pressure set at 50 with a PRV on the outlet side of the pump.
Posted on Feb 22, 2010
SOURCE: I have a 2hp sprinkler
1. You only should have one check valve; the one in the water is best, remove the other if you can.
2. Make sure there are no leaks in any of the piping between the water and the pump inlet.
3. Take the pump apart, thoroughly clean the new seal, the two halves of the pump that go under the metal band, the inside of the metal band.
4. Lubricate the new seal, the outer sides of the pump halves where the metal band squeezes together, the inside of the metal band where it contacts the halves and even the screw on the tightening device using petroleum jelly (Vaseline) or equal. Make sure the pump literature does not recommend against whatever you use.
6. Fill the pump with water, open the discharge on top of the pump if possible and prime.
Normally, a pump, even with a long run will prime in 5 minutes or less.
Your FixYa Texpert,
Posted on Aug 22, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 23, 2013 | GE Monogram ZDI15C Automatic Icemaker
Jun 14, 2013 | Miele Dishwashers
Apr 05, 2013 | GE Profile PDW8400J Built-in Dishwasher
Mar 02, 2013 | Pool & Spa
Jun 22, 2010 | Flotec Corrosion Resistant Shallow Well...
Feb 04, 2010 | 2006 Dodge Charger
Aug 31, 2009 | Water Heaters
Apr 21, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
217 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!