1. I have vista.
2. Linksys Router is 160 N is intsalled.
3. Linksys adapter for this N product can not connect to the router.
4. Microsoft windows communicates that it did not receive any response from the router.
Ok make sure the following is done: Use the Linksys CD to do the network set up. Set up the SSID in router settings. Set up the admin password on the router. Set up WEP encryption and an associated password. Make sure in network settings that Vista networks type is set to 'Private'
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
step 1:- check your system wireless card is powered on or not as well as is it identifyning other networks
Step 2:- check power supply to router
connect the router via ethernet cable and login to router management see SSID and password configuration .
It shows that your wireless router and wireless adapters are both working. One thing to try is changing your wireless channel. Since you are already using 11, try maybe 1 or 9. Check if your SMC adapter will pick up the wireless signal.
By the way, how far is your computer (using the SMC adapter) to your wireless router?
Vista isn't particularly good at telling you exactly WHY despite its pretty "diagnostics".
First try turning any encryption/security off on your router and see if you can connect. If you still can't connect with no encryption, uninstall the device and reinstall it. If you can connect, then the problem is with the encryption. Make a careful note of exactly what settings your router is using and make sure you give them fully to Vista.
Reset your AX by holding a pin or pen tip and count to 20. Plug Airport Express Wait a few minutes
1. Open Airport Utility 2. Manual Setup 3. Airport Icon -> Wireless Mode -> Join a wireless network 4. Network Name -> Enter the SSID of your Linksys router 5. Choose the same wireless security that you are using on your Linksys Router 6. Wireless Password -> Enter the wireless key that is on your Linksys router.
In the Music Icon, you should be able to find "Enable iTunes"
AX will continue to blink for a bit, perhaps a minute, while it searches and connects to the Linksys Router.
You can do a reset on your router. All computers must be must be getting its connection from your router. Your wired computer must be getting an ip address from the router(example is 192.168.1.x). You can then access the router page using your browser by typing the default gateway(example 192.168.x.1). This will take you to the router configuration page. You can set up the wireless network and your wireless network can now support more than 2 wireless computers.