Question about NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
I'm not able to go online. It say it detects no networks
1. check your physical connection. modem should be connected to the internet port of the router. wired pc to any lan ports (ports1-4)
2. make sure that the distance of the wireless router and wireless pc is not very far
3. if you know the wireless configuration of your router proceed with number 4, if not see my note below.
4. right click the wireless icon on the pc, choose 'view available wireless network' or connect to a network.
5. check if your SSID is showing. If it is showing and it says secured, click on it and enter your encryption (either WPA or WEP or WPA2).
6. if SSID is not showing, go to the router configuration page and change your channel. play around with your channel until your non working pc sees the SSID.
note(checking router configuration): on the wired pc, open internet explorer browser, type http://192.168.0.1 (default username is admin & password is password or 1234) Note: if you changed your ip address or password on the router, use that.
Posted on Oct 21, 2008
I recently had an issue with the same router, I got rid of it, and bought another brand.
Also if you have a cordless phone transmitting on the same frequency as your router, the phone will overpower the router and you won't pick up a signal from the router, but usually only if the phone is breing used.
Posted on Oct 21, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 21, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Oct 26, 2010 | HP Photosmart 3210 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 01, 2010 | Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network...
Aug 16, 2010 | Alienware PC Systems Alienware Area-51®...
May 10, 2010 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Jan 03, 2010 | Dell Latitude D630 Intel Core 2 Duo T7250...
Jan 14, 2009 | Dell (T2349) Wireless Adapter
Nov 13, 2008 | Belkin N1 Wireless USB 2.0 Network Adapter...
48 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: