Question about NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
I'm not able to go online. It say it detects no networks
1. check your physical connection. modem should be connected to the internet port of the router. wired pc to any lan ports (ports1-4)
2. make sure that the distance of the wireless router and wireless pc is not very far
3. if you know the wireless configuration of your router proceed with number 4, if not see my note below.
4. right click the wireless icon on the pc, choose 'view available wireless network' or connect to a network.
5. check if your SSID is showing. If it is showing and it says secured, click on it and enter your encryption (either WPA or WEP or WPA2).
6. if SSID is not showing, go to the router configuration page and change your channel. play around with your channel until your non working pc sees the SSID.
note(checking router configuration): on the wired pc, open internet explorer browser, type http://192.168.0.1 (default username is admin & password is password or 1234) Note: if you changed your ip address or password on the router, use that.
Posted on Oct 21, 2008
I recently had an issue with the same router, I got rid of it, and bought another brand.
Also if you have a cordless phone transmitting on the same frequency as your router, the phone will overpower the router and you won't pick up a signal from the router, but usually only if the phone is breing used.
Posted on Oct 21, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 26, 2014 | Computers & Internet
May 13, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Sep 24, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-N WRT150N Router
Jul 07, 2010 | D-Link Xtreme N DIR-655 Wireless Router
Jun 20, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
May 19, 2010 | D-Link DWL-922 Kit (DWL922)
Feb 11, 2010 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
Jan 02, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Sep 28, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Aug 09, 2009 | NetGear WNR2000 Wireless Router
46 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: