- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Have you tried uninstalling your Yahoo Messenger and reinstalling it? That should work. While you're doing that, if you wanna chat with your friends, you can use meebo or imo.im . They're online messengers that work pretty well.
It happens to me too. For a certain period of time using Yahoo messenger it stop responding and i can't see what i write in the chat box. There was an error when i press alt tab. What i did was i restarted my PC and then opened the messenger again.
The second time this had happened to me again and i don't want to restart my pc. Instead, i open my yahoo messenger at nimbuzz because i urgently need to chat with my friend.
The first thing to check is to make sure you have scripting enabled in Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer is integrated into Yahoo Messenger so things that go wrong with IE can affect Yahoo Messenger. Here is the yahoo help page about that: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/messeng...
2) In the Start Menu click on Run. Type, without the quotes, "regsvr32 jscript.dll" and then click OK. Next, repeat the process but this time type in the Run box "regsvr32 vbscript.dll" and click OK. Please note, if you are using Windows Vista temporarily disable the User Account Control (UAC). You can easily turn it back on. On the Control Panel (Category View) choose User Accounts and Family Safety, next choose User Accounts, and then click Turn User Account Control on or off.
3) If the above does not fix your problem and you are using Windows XP, you can update your Windows Script to version 5.7. In my experience helping others, this is the step that has helped the most people. Exit all browser windows and chat programs including Yahoo Messenger before installing. run registry cleaner reginout to easily fix it
if the chat window is blank, it can be fixed through deleting extra key in registry settings.
navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software \Microsoft \Windows
\CurrentVersion \Internet Settings\ then delete keys other than
0,1,2,3,4 get someone who knows around windows registry to set it
Your Yahoo Messenger software may be corrupted. If you're on a Windows PC, go to Control Panel and select Add/Remove programs. Scroll to Yahoo Messenger and remove it. Go back to your Yahoo account and download Yahoo Messenger again.
[Solution # 1]
(1) Check your firewall to be sure that this port is not blocked.
(2) Ensure that another program is not using the same port number.
Type netstat in command prompt to see all active ports.
[Solution # 2]
Goto Connection Prefrences and use a http proxy. It helped!!!
[Solution # 3]
It might do this because it cant recognize the internet. Mine does this from time to time too, but I'm not sure if I get that particular error.
Try a couple things.
1. Totally close down Yahoo! and open it back up. See if that helps.
2. If you have a Wireless connection, shut your computer down and basically reboot the connection. Unplug your modem, then your router. Wait 15-30 seconds, then plug in your modem. Wait for the lights to all become solid, plug the router back in, then turn your computer on.
Sometimes a router will stop recognizing your computer. I've had it happen to me, and the odd part of it was I could still browse the net, but not use my IMs.
3. If nothing else works, uninstall and reinstall Yahoo! IM. It may just be a glitch.
[Solution # 4]
Take a look to this address : http://epayvn.info/2009/01/yahoo-messenger-error-81003004.html